Razer Nari Essential sound problem on Win 11

First thing I’d be tempted to do then, to establish if this has been caused by the change of hardware or the change of operating system, would be to put Windows 10 back onto the PC. If the problem goes away, you know it’s Windows 11 (or drivers for it) that are the problem. If the problem stays, it would suggest something hardware specific.

Well since this is only happening in Diablo and have other headphones i can use, rolling back to windows 10 is more effort that I’m willing to put in. Especially since it’s past the 10 day grace period where I’d have to do a clean install of windows 10 for that.

I do appreciate your help with this problem, so far its only a very small inconvenience, I think my next step would be to do a full uninstall and reinstall of Razer’s snypase and see if that works.

1 Like

Had the same problem with my Kraken Ultimate. D3 was the only game having this problem with the audio and it was recently as I played last season without problems and running Win11.

End up doing what is in this post and works for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/razer/comments/a0bray/razer_synapse_3_breaks_audio_from_razer_nari/eh8uksj/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Basically uninstall everything related to Razer (Synapse, THX, etc.), deleting some folders and registry, reboot and re-install Synapse.

Hope this work for you as did for me.

1 Like

I just made a post about sounds issues, and I had read this prior to making my post. I tried this and for me, it did not work. The sound issues persist. I am also using a Kraken

Did that work for you? It has not worked for me, I am also on Windows 11

Just happened to me. I have razer nari ultimate. After update to windows 11 in november, I didnt tryed Diablo 3, because was waiting the 25 season, so today started to play and from start the sound was buzzing crackling and very painfull for ears. Its happen only in Diablo 3. So before the post, I uninstalled Synapse3, and the sound in Diablo was normal again, so tryed to do a fresh install of synapse 3, but the bad noise returned again…

Thinking it seems to be something with Razer for sure since we all have Razer headsets. Mine is the Kraken but I am having the same thing. I currently have a ticket open with support working on it to see if we can figure it out.

*Oh and Win11 as well

1 Like

I have been in contact with Razer support and Blizzard support, I have a thread on this forum but wanted to say that I also uninstalled Synapse and the issue went away. I am currently still working with Razer and if I get a solution I will update.

3 Likes

My issue has finally been resolved with the help of Razer support. I will link the steps given to me here so maybe it will help someone else. To note, however, when I did my final reinstall I did NOT reinstall THX Spatial Audio as I do not use it. If the issue comes from this and you utilize the THX audio, you may want to contact Razer as well.

Resolution steps below:

• Run DISM and SFC
  1. Open Command Prompt
  2. Type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
  3. Wait for it to finish
  4. Type: sfc /scannow
  5. Wait for it to finish
  • Run CHKDSK
  1. Open Command Prompt
  2. Type: chkdsk /f /r
  • Delete TEMP folders
  1. Open Run by right-clicking Start and choosing it from the menu.
  2. Type %temp% in the Run window and click OK.
  3. When in File Explorer in the TEMP folder, select all files by pressing Ctrl + A keys.
  4. Click Delete.
  • Razer Driver Cleanup Tool
  1. Uninstall Synapse 3
  2. If possible, unplug all Razer devices
  3. Reboot the system
  4. Download the Razer Driver Clean Up Tool: (https://rzr.to/Tf53xj)
  5. Unzip and run the CleanupRazerDrivers.exe as Administrator
  6. The window will close on its own. When it does, reboot the system again
  7. Install Synapse 3
  8. Plug in Razer devices
  9. Update Synapse 3 as needed and reboot system as update requirement

After doing ALL of the steps, my issue is resolved.

3 Likes

Hey all,

We’re seeing more reports of this sound distortion issue lately for Windows 11 users who have Razer headsets.

Thanks for sharing those steps Pashiona! I marked your post as the solution and hopefully that will help anyone else encountering the problem.

2 Likes

thank you so much worked for me :slight_smile:

Same issue. Razer Kraken Ultimate, Win 11. Works in all other SW including D2R. Only occurred in last D3 patch. Worked before that. Please keep us updated on fix.

I love you dude , I’ve been suffering from this since the release of windows 11 insider program , I suffered trying for 8 hours a day for a week till I got tired and bored and just got used to using 2.0 on my Razer Nari Ultimate which is 7.1 , I love you dude , YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER.

Moderator Edit: Removed inappropriate language.

for any that the above solution does not work and use THX spatial audio like me
try this (open synapse go to audio/mixer set D3 to surround/stereo) depending on the setting its on you can change this back after booting the game once with the new setting
tested it with stereo aswel and dont have the cracking/popping anymore
hope this helps for some that the above doesnt work
i think the cracking/popping sounds on my end where cuz THX spatial was acting

setup
razer nari essentials THX spatial active
synapse version 3.7.531.52416
win 11

i did not reinstall/update synapse/THX spatial/D3 is a fresh install
i think having to reinstall isnt a fix to the problem its a temp workaround in most cases

sorry for any typos

Was having this same issue. What worked for me and seems to be a bit simpler than others is this ~

System - Sound - Properties ( of whatever headset you are using ) - Scroll down to “Spatial Sound” - Turn on “Windows Sonic for Headphones” from the dropdown box.

Seems to have fixed it for me!

9 Likes

I know it sounds stupid as hell but the opposite worked for me, nothing worked and I realised you have replied recently so I tried to use your solution but it turned out to already be set to off so my monkey brain was like “Let’s try turning it on” and it actually gotten fixed LMAO thanks for your help dude!

1 Like

Yeah I had to turn it on :slight_smile: Glad it worked for you!

This worked for me. Should have tried this first.

MONTHS i have been trying to figure this out, life save you are, life saver

1 Like

thx this helped for me sems thx spatial isn is supported by blizz ^^