Raxx's brain dead build

Has anyone seen the Raxxandterax brain dead DH build? I tried to make it work and even with 10 out of 13 Ancient legendaries I can’t get it to work. I keep running out of hatred after about 13 seconds, and there is no hatred generator in the build. Once I run out of hatred it’s sitting duck time.

Hopefully content creators will see this, or someone will suggest to them, that a lot of builds that they post aren’t viable unless you’re paragon 3000 and above and have all augmented primal ancients. There should be a disclaimer – this build will not work unless you are over paragon 3000.

That would save someone that’s less than 900 paragon a lot of frustration and time. I would never have tried this brain dead build had I known you need a lot of paragon and/or all augmented primal ancients just to make it work.

none of the things he touts in the youtube video work for me. i tried it on a normal T16 rift, a GR 80 and GR’s up to GR 102. That’s as high as i can go, and it still does not work. Lack of hatred makes me dead. to be fair i only have one primal ancient out of the 10 ancients that i have currently. maybe that’s the problem, that and less than 900 paragon.
i tried putting in links to raxx’s youtube video and maxroll build page on this and the forum says i can’t post links. figures…

That would be this video…

The pinned comment on that video from Raxx himself is…

HINT: If you’re running out of hatred, turn the Greater Rift level up! Karlei’s Point gives you back hatred ONLY IF you Impale an enemy that has already been impaled. So if you are too strong and 1 shot the monsters, you will paralyze yourself. Turn the GR above 100 and you’ll be flying.

See above…

Also, if you look at a build guide, check the GR speeds variant, which includes Bolas…

1 Like

He even says specifically in the video that you may need to increase GR level if hatred is a problem!

You do know that more ancients usually means more power?

You’re also wrong about that they don’t mention what to do at different paragon levels. They often talk about what to do at low paragon levels and what you can change at high levels.

In that case maybe you’re doing something else wrong. Not activating the skills, having the wrong skills/runes/passives, items etc.

Edit: Just tested it. With low density of monsters and when you run out of targets it’s possible to run out of hatred if you keep strafing, so you may have to stop strafing and walk/run instead. The moment you get in reach of new targets there is no problem with hatred… and you need diamonds in chest and pants.

1 Like

i’ll be the first to admit i’m probably doing something else wrong. i double checked the maxroll build but maybe i’m doing something wrong, or don’t have powerful enough gear like another poster suggested. that could be one of the problems also.

i’m not the best player around and i’m sure to be doing something not quite right…and yes, more ancients are preferred of course and i’m still farming for more of them but it does take time when you’re SSF 100% of the time. i’m not complaining here about SSF, it’s just what i’ve found to be true.

The game won’t let me get past GR 102, i’m assuming it’s because that’s the highest level I can do successfully. i hope that is correct.

Raxx’s videos have helped me a lot in the past so i thank him for that. and thanks everyone also for the help, i’ll keep trying.

Don’t know if you saw my edit to my answer because I edited while testing :+1:

If you’re running out of hatred, there’s only three possible explanations:

1. You don’t have a Karlei’s equipped
  2. The monsters are dying before you can hit them a 2nd time
  3. You are casting Impale and/or Strafe when there are no monsters around

To solve these problems:

1. Check your gear and the cube. Make sure there’s a Karlei’s.
  2. Increase the GR level.
  3. Stop casting when there aren’t any monsters.

If you can’t go past GR 102, that means you need to beat 102. When you do it will unlock 103 (and possibly 104 or 105 if you clear it fast enough). If in 102 you are 1 shotting everything, you can change the build a little:

• Switch Vengeance Darkheart to Vengeance Seethe
  • Take the Blood Vengeance passive

Or you can switch to a different build like Unhallowed Essence Multishot until you can get to a GR high enough for your Shadow Impale build to not 1 shot everything. The brain-dead build is probably best around GR 115-125 depending on your gear and paragon.

No, no, no, it’s not a lack of gear. The reason you run out of Hatred with Impale is because you’re too powerful as you kill mobs with your first attack, which means you can’t regenerate Hatred from re-impaling them. I know it’s counter-intuitive compared to other builds where’s it’s desirable to clear entire screens of mobs with a single attack but you need to be doing much harder content with Impale so that mobs have more health, and take at least two hits to kill so you regenerate due to Karlei’s.

have u try using lighting rune on impale ? richochet one ? it more easy to maintain hatred with that rune

You know…. There are ways to sustain hatred while strafing and one-shotting everything, without using a generator.

That being the real brain dead build for fresh DHes.

I have his first build and I never run out Hatred. I only use this build with GR’s 90 and higher. Any thing below that it is really kinda useless. You will run out of hatred if you really don’t watch what you are doing.

Another note to Jaris concerning the use of Bane of the Stricken (seen on his heroes). Its mechanic is often misunderstood. The gradual damage increase only works on one monster at a time no matter how many or few you are fighting. Therefore it’s usually only needed in push builds, and at GR levels where killing the Rift Guardian starts to take too long time. Many push builds don’t even use Stricken anyhow.
maxxroll.gg has a lot of good guides for inspiration.