Rathma and Revive question

I tried this season the Rathma set from the free set of adventure mode, and I do love the rework on minions and army of the dead.

But a question keeps popping in my head… Is there some kind of database where one can check the best enemies to revive with the set? I mean taking in accounts DPS, skills they can use and in general the most useful behavior. I know pet AI can be wonky sometimes that’s what I wanted to know if there is a place to check out what are the best enemies to revive instead of trying everyone until finding a suitable cohort of zombified enemies.

Also since Rathma set makes the revive duration forever, is it best the cold rune over the oblation rune? The cold one gives 20% damage increase while the oblation one gives 15% damage increase and life cost if I remember well

Thanks in advance

As far as the type of enemies to revive, I generally stick to ranged ones so they’re not having to compete with command skeletons and golem for space. In my experience, 8 out of 10 times the revived monsters don’t even recognize their enemies so really no point other than to be present to give AoTD it’s damage increase. I know each monsters had their own damage, but not sure if that was changed during the early stages of the expansion pack.

I would use cold rune for LoD + Mask of scarlet death if you really want to play revive (good luck on getting the revive to attack). Oblation is really more for the traqoul set. Rathma itself doesn’t buff minion damage therefore your option really comes down to personal army or horrific return.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. Personal army seems then the best option if damage is negligible. Does the Horrific return fear effect is affected by the Rathma set or one just have to keep reviving minions to proc the effect when needed then?

Sure thing. Honestly, because we’re so damn squishy with rathma set up, personal army don’t really make a difference. As for the fear effect from horrific return, it’s only applied when you use the ability reviving the corpse with that rune.

Rathma really need a tune-up. My favorite set :disappointed_relieved:.

As Nah stated, the revive’s AI really does sux. The only thing that I get out of them is the rune Personal Army, at least thats 10% damage reduction lol. Damage, no matter which way you play it, is nada from the revive pets.

Ok I am going to give my little secret here, everyone is playing Nayr’s poison setup, there is an actual higher damage setup and easier to play. Use Haunted Visions, pick Sims/rune Reservior for double Essence, get essence on both Jesseths pieces and passive Overwhelming Essence. Then use Reilena’s Shadowhook in cube. Also choose the skill Command Golem/ rune Flesh Golem to drop corpse for revive. With the poison setup damage with Squirts and Nayr’s is 8500% + 400% + 100% =9000%----damage with Haunted Vision and Shadowhook (which now you can drop Bone Armor and replace with command Golem) is 9000% + 430% =9430%. Now I am not including rings and such in with the damage, but if you replace COE with Lornell’s Sunstone you can overcome a bunch of squishy. When you get enough intel and paragon you go back to COE. Also if you use AotD/rune DeathValley, thats auto knockback on every monster caught in the pull, 3X damage towards Krysbin. Also drop Blood rush and use the skill Sims /Reservior there, make up for speed with Passive Fueled by Death for faster monement.

1 Like

Not sure why the majority uses the poison setup.

Nayr’s mechanic is clunky having to constantly use 4 to 5 different poison skills including revive which defeats the purpose of “your Revives no longer expire” and it only buffs POISON skills. Which means you’re losing out on damage increase of unconventional warfare. Death valley also pulls enemies in whereas blighted grasp deals damage over time and enemies can simply walk off the area. Currently I use MoTBC because a single spear out damages AoTD which is also on a cooldown. I do return to rathma from time to time because I’m not a huge fan of MoTBC pew pew. With rathma I use:

Decrepify - Borrowed Time (Boosts damage with capt crimson and helps with cooldown of your only source of damage)

Command Golem - Flesh Golem (generate corpse at start to revive or upon death)

Simulacrum - Reservoir (double essence for RS)

Revive - personal army (only ‘useful’ rune in current state)

Command skeletons - Frenzy (faster cooldown of AoTD without the use of TnT)

Army of the Dead - Death Valley (For the reasons stated above)

*Unconventional warfare also builds gogok stacks just like Bombardment does for crusaders which helps with damage and cooldown if you have CC equipped. Works better at higher GR.

Basically every damage increase in D3 is multiplicative, not additive. What players say ‘additive’ in D3 is additive with each other, but still is multiplicative when calculating into total damage.

Also, it’s ‘damage increase by xxx%’, as in 100%+400% (x5 for Nayr’s), 100%+100% (x2 for Squirt’s).

So it’s x86×5×2=x860 for Nayr’s+Squirt’s setup, x91x4.3 (you did it correctly here) = x391.3 for Relina’s+HV setup.

That’s what Bone Armor (dislocation rune - stun) is for.

It doesn’t. Unconventional Warfare damage is added on top of Blighted Grasp rune (this, you can easily see using d3planner. noted as, ‘14000%+50000%’). And Nayr’s buff/multiplier is separate, in which you get poison stack from using AotD (Blighted Grasp rune).

Only a couple do to your enemies when they are revived what they do to you normally. The Executioner jumps on them but the succubus would be great if it spat armor killing balls like it does to you and the grotesque exploded doing real damage etc etc etc - for the greater part other than when first reincarnated, they basically need a hot iron to do anything. So you do not pick and choose, especially when you get over 100GR. You just reincarnate as regularly as you can.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been using when I was playing this set. Railena is a 4.3 multiplier eventually cause you can get 660 max essence (without stone of Jordan) and half of it translates into dmg multiplier. That’s 330% more damage, hence 4.3 times your initial damage. Assuming of course you can keep simulacrums up all the time. Are you sure though that the squirts setup deals less damage? Cause i think it is not addictive. For example, if you deal 9000% dmg with something then if you wear a squirt necklace you double that to 18000%. I think eventually you end up doing more dmg with the squirts setup but this is more difficult to play (at least for me) and the other setup doesn’t restrict you to poison runes. After trying both setups, i just found out that I find the Reilena+Haunted Visions more relaxing to play even though it is behind 5 or so GRs. But it is still functional.