Random Crashes to Desktop all Weekend Long-UPDATED

I have been having intermittent game crashes all weekend long.

And I can’t nail down any specific event. I could be trying to pick up an object, opening my inventory or even just turning a corner during a Tombs run, and the game crashes to desktop. I have been sending the crash report to Blizzard each time. Hopefully that will help figure it out?

What’s weird is that the game itself is running perfectly fine up to the point when it crashes.

I do notice occasional rubber-banding, especially in 8 player groups, but that’s been there since OG D2. But it looks like everyone else is as well.

Not sure if it’s my system, or something wrong with the game code? Or maybe network congestion is too much stress on the beta servers?

My system temps aren’t causing any throttling from based on my Throttlestop log. Everything seems to be fine on the hardware end. Happens on whatever details settings I use. Been trying Low and Medium settings mostly to keep it at 60FPS.

Anyone else crashing a lot for no reason?

i7 9750H CPU
GTX 1650 GPU
16 Gb DDR4 RAM
Samsung SSD NVMe
Windows 10 64 fully patched and updated
Nvidia Drivers fully updated to latest release

1 Like

Any error logs or crash reports showing up at -

%userprofile%\Documents\Diablo II

(copy and paste it into a file explorer window)

I have the same problem. Sometimes D2R just shut down without any message, sometime i get an error message and sometime my pc gets a blue or black screen because of it. It happens about 3-5 time per hour. Questing is almonst impssible.

I cheked the location but there are no error logs or crash reports. Yet. Maybe i have to check imediately after crash.

Same problem, a lot of crashes happening after playing for 30-45 mins at perfectly fine temps of 70c. Sometimes it happen as I tp back to town, sometimes happen when I am invertory managing, but I do notice a pattern that almost everytime prior to a crash, there will be a significant drop in fps to 20-30 and then the crash will happen in the next couple of minutes.

Whelp… 7 days later and the game crashes for no reason again. Didn’t even get 5 minutes into a Tombs run.

Temps were only 68C when it happened. 60FPS. SMooth gameplay.

And then - CTD - with the error reporting window.

i7 9750H
GTX 1650 MaxQ
16Gb DDR4
SSD

Game was running perfectly fine and then crash to desktop. Was trying to cast Blizzard with my Sorc.

I have the same problem as well. Open Beta Patch doesnt helped. Still crashes every 15-30 min on averange. Sometimes after some seconds. Longest game without crash was 45 min. But games 30 min + without crash are very rare.

Lowering settings is the only way I have stabilized the game. They really need to fix this within 30 days…

me too

Same problem here. Getting crashes within 5 minutes of launching the game, sometimes very quickly. My game runs perfectly well until it crashes. I never get an error reporting prompt, it just crashes straight to desktop.

2070 GPU, 16 gb ram, all on SSD, windows 10 64bit, i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz

same with me. I hope they figure it out by launch and not leave it because I’ll very disappointed if this doesn’t get fixed

No I do not get any error logs.

I play 10 to 15 minute s then the game starts lagging then closes and I’m back to battle net menu to launch the game

I wish there was some logs that was kept somewhere???

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics, 2100 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.35 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.63 GB
Total Virtual Memory 9.57 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.35 GB
1 Like

Hello,

I had the same issue (several random crash to desktop every hour with no error message or event log) until i decide to let Windows install graphic driver over the one from Adrenalin (“View optional updates” in Windows update menu). I couldn’t access AMD options anymore but the rest of the weekend was almost crashless.

I had a Nvidia card before and i feel that AMD graphics drivers are not yet at the same level…

Did other player have issues during the beta with their AMD card ?

Ryzen 7 2700X
Asus Crosshair VII Hero
16 GB DDR4 @3600 Mhz (stable for 4 Memtest86 passes)
850 W PSU
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT

1 Like

I read many threads with crash problems. Nvidia Cards crash very often as well. Its not a AMD only problem. I personaly have a nvidia RTX 3060 and the game crashes every 15-45 min.

1 Like