Raekor and Weapon Throw rework feedback

I see, this changes everything.

:laughing:,Who doesn’t love good STD!

@Free: We share the same passion for barb’s.

Barbed objects? Spears? Boulders that are, shall we say, tossed?

Hope they buff this and WT through the roof.

1 Like

Falter & warcry both fit if you want insta fury

Welp, still can’t get into the PTR. And, due to many other people experiencing the same thing, the set really hasn’t gotten much play yet.

But, a quick look at the leaderboards thus far and we can see it is underperforming. On Non-Season, we’ve got Arnosega’s 125, and Druzil’s 127, both at around 5k paragon. The top clear, by DeVo, is 130, but with 10k paragon.

Over in seasonal, the top clear without a bunch of extra legendary gems crammed into the armor is Blinxz’s 115, in 9:05, with about 850 paragon (but also 11 rank 100 augs, so around 2000 effective paragon).

None of these marks are very impressive.

I do really like how chaotic the gameplay is. With most other Barb builds, we are forming a nice neat pile, and then grinding that pile down at a fairly consistent rate. This is true both of builds like Rend, or LoD HOTA, where we can use Spear/Stomp to manually assemble that density, and “body-pull” builds like Leapquake or Frenzy.

This build is quite different. Your boulders break in a pretty irregular pattern, so it’s not as though you can stack a ton of mobs in one spot, Stomp to pack them tight, and then put all your damage right there. With enough extra damage, I think this could be a really interesting + different playstyle. Right now, though, it just feels wimpy, both in terms of killing your enemies, and staying alive yourself.

If only someone else, maybe two someones else, had not only crunched the numbers for a viable Boulder Toss build, but also theorized how to fix the build’s other problems. And if only it was, I don’t know, on a website or something.

:thinking:

6 Likes

from what I’ve seen it’s absolutely horrendous vs rift guardians with that has no adds. Not good for single target

I have a suggestion for the Raekor set. Legacy of Raekor (4-piece Bonus): Furious Charge gains the effect of every rune and deals 1000% increased damage. For every 1% Life you are missing, the damage of your Ancient Spear is increased by 5% and 1% damage reduction.
Legacy of Raekor (6-piece Bonus): Hitting enemies with Furious Charge increases the damage of your next Ancient Spear by 5500% and causes it to release multiple spears from its target. This effect stacks and is consumed from each released spear. This can only consume a maximum of 5 stacks at a time at 35% Life and below 35% Life you no longer lose stacks.

I realized something trying the barb… I really suck at trying to play one. I tried using the ancient spear and bouldar toss and it seems the bouldar toss is really great when you have full fury but once you dump it, its really bad. I was getting 1 shot at t6 but just about everything in the full raekor set.

Maybe make it so 2 piece raekor gives you a perma bubble of immunity :slight_smile:

Just did a 127. Very smooth. I like the build I made.

So from my quick testing:
A somewhat fun build with a quite different playstyle. Has enough dmg to clear 150 at very very high paragon, bossfight sucks though unless boss is in certain spots (best need boss that doesnt move and tp him).
Apd seem manditory at high gr/weapon cube choice is not quite clear to me (echoing felt pretty good though)

1 Like

This is going to be whacky, but here me out. I think that apart from Squirt’s, Cameo is going be the next best amy to use with Raekors. You could almost consider Cameo to be a resource generating pylon. Arcane beam cause so much damage that they almost instantly replenish Fury (especially with Superstition passive) and life/sustain. Not to mention that arcane beams 9 times out 10 are an automatic skip, not anymore. Well that’s my pitch.

Edit: I wrote this at 3 in the morning because I couldn’t sleep. If it sounds too outlandish, I blame the hour.

Edit: I just watched some gameplay footage and saw how quickly FC can generate Fury on its own (really good).

Star of az is also good. 90% of damage feels to be fire. Keeping fury = dps.

The thing with immunity ammys is that they have crappy guaranteed attributes like AS. A perfect star of az is impossible.

I have some pretty close ones. They always have cooldown so you can’t do the elemental trifecta.

I saw your 140 @15k paragon… you think you could wring another 10 GRs out of the build? That’s nearly 5 times as much damage.

For weapon, I guess the contenders are EF, Furnace, and Messerschmidt. It would be nice if all of those turned out to be solid options.

For cube armor, seems like there are lots of options: Parthans, Mortick’s, Aquilla, Pride of Cassius…

1 Like

Off topic kind of, but it seems they took inspiration from a post I made for the 4 piece.
/en/d3/t/raekor-to-make-it-at-least-interesting/47931
Didn’t expect that.

That 140 was just quick testing while trying to find out what to play, i did some more testing with apds later and managed to spawn boss with ~4.30 left in 150 while playing somewhat suboptimaly since i chose to kill like 4 blue packs on first floor.
That wasnt even orekes dream rift since the build actually kills trash fast enough could just play for 15-20% every floor on one of those and spawn easier.
Quick thing to add: i think on live dps against trash should be better since the charge into throw once full playstyle on ~200 isnt that smooth and probably cost me a few boulders every now and then

1 Like

Nice, thanks for the info….

Good point on higher probable dps on live due to better server.

So with your 4:30 remaining vs the 150 RG, did you try and fail to kill him, or just leave the rift?

Also, I noticed you were using Endless Walk in your 140 clear… were you wall-charging?

Sadly spawned zoltun kull and didnt have power so i didnt rly try just checked out if there are any good spots to abuse charge and throw mechanics on fields of misery.
Hmm about the endless walk how i played it charged pretty much on spot in pulls so it was staying at high dmg % mostly,maybe squirts + coe is better if you fish for shield pylon but kinda doubt it.

Hmm, CoE is about 1.55x without full WOTB uptime, like here, and Squirt averages to 1.13x, though it can be leveraged considerably higher with good RnG. So, that’s 1.75x for CoE/Squirt vs 2.0x for EW, though CoE/Squirt could definitely overperform that mark occasionally, and EW will probably underperform a little bit.

So, that’s fairly close.