Raekor 6 Spear- its current state and needed improvements

My gameplay is still perfectible. In the end I’m so focused on the mobs and my fury gauge that I don’t realize I just have to pick up the orbs to make the boss appear haha.

I prefer this new version of Raekor but they could have done something for the toughness …

2 Likes

So, you don’t think you’d try to keep distance from your targets in order to build up Fury with WT? A boulder loaded up with WT Fury does do about 2.5 times as much damage.

Yeah, I saw your 137 on the board, thanks for posting the video, and nice job!

compared to throwing 3 boulders into a lot denser spots during the same time i felt like i was loosing a lot of dps trying to make bigger boulders

2 Likes

Only me that thinks this wt on top of charge and locked onto boulder toss, is kinda… bad?
Seems like the easiest way out to get an update, instead of butchering the vile charge build and a possible charge/ancient spear build

2 Likes

Well, what GeSche is saying is actually pretty good. He feels like he gets more dps from just sticking to Charge in density, rather than using WT. That means that Charge is not only not dead, it’s still pretty essential. And while WT will make many boss fights considerably faster, it also sounds like it’s possible to go Charge-only and fish for a good boss with a Power, and still get a really good clear.

So, sounds like it’ll be possible to get your Fury/Stacks with “Mostly (or all) Charge”, “Mostly WT”, or a combination of both. That’s actually really good- options!

I’m with you on being locked onto Boulder Toss (via Skular). They should really just open that secondary to all runes. I mean, why the hell not? It’s not as though people would start ploughing 150 with Jagged Edge!

4 Likes

But this is not what the majority wanted. They listened to a streamer and took advice from a streamer that don’t know any better.
Who wants to sit still and charge up before dealing damage, instead of having seperate builds with wt and vile charge/ancient spear. Charge is not essential, you can swap it out with leap or stomp. It does nothing other than some charges, which wt does the same.
Bad… Really bad update and bad advice.

2 Likes

Try the build with an Oathkeeper in the cube and watch how fast you can build fury & stacks to Boulder Toss like tomorrow is going out of style, you’ll thank me later lol

I quite like the changes, just involves a little kiting

Charge is awesome just to jump into the occulus rings.

Speeds are 100% better w/o using weapon throw.

Its a cool mechanic. Im glad the option is there.

I essentially don’t mind that the Devs added WT to Raekor’s, what I mind is that they continue to ignore IK/LOD WT builds. Why can’t we have both. A fraction of the player base will play IK/LOD, I get that, so where is the harm in buffing WT so that it’s at least viable.

3 Likes

I don’t. Why have 1000% damage to charge, when vile charge is no longer a thing?
Why have another skill you need to use to stack up for more damage?
Why have the missing life buff instead of a proper toughness buff?
Why have boulder toss rune as the best, when we should be able to choose what we like

5 Likes

My suggestion would have been :
Make charge a thing for ik set.
Saffron belt could be turned towards a vile charge/Overpower build.
Let overpower be the damage dealer together with charge.
Let Raekor be ancient spear build, where ALL runes were viable.
This new thing where you charge, use wt and then deal damage with one rune only… Dissapointing.

1 Like

I feel you and I don’t how that conundrum can be fixed. You one camp that strictly want to Charge and the other that likes the variant. It’s a tough situation.

So dissapointing to see people supporting this wonky new update. I get we got more single target damage… But a lot would have wanted an ik set update as well… And vile charge… Which people liked… Gone. Now we got 1000% damage to charge cause of what? To go around t6 ?

2 Likes

The vile shoulders went out of style along with many other legendaries, why the 1000% is still there is beyond me, but with the amount of complaints about wall banging, I’m not surprised they changed directions.

It’s a situational skill that has a proper place, I think it’s a fantastic option for elites and bosses.

This I don’t have any comments for, toughness would be nice lol

Every build in the game has a best rune, not too sure why this is even a question. The damage output is insane in its current iteration.

Im glad they put so much work in reakor. Sorry weapon throw isn’t better than it is.
Anyways… I will be playing this for sure.

2 Likes

All of what they did was floating around the PTR forums.

Yep, that would be amazing.

Some streamer told the stream, that he mentioned this update to them. Another one makes lists for them to read about his opinions. They took the easy, wonky route. Just smash on wt to get more single target, than actually make it interesting.

A lot of players like true diversity and that as far as I’ll go with that.

Me too.

What’s the point of adding WT when you cannot stay alive throwing axes?

https://youtu.be/PGwRnLCE26U boulderstacking on no add boss after ~2 min of stacking stricken ,total lentgth of fight was ~4:30 since i was checking different rocks on battlefields.

In theory on add boss with power on good spot for boulder (maybe like 5+ per throw) i could see a 1 min bossfight.

2 Likes