Quick reminder prior to S19

It who be much appreciated to have the main hero detail page issue addressed prior to the end of the season.

A lot of new players will follow guides and advises posted on the forums but some other players will simplify their ideas around the last seasons build used by looking at top players ranked profile hero (Items & Skills).

I would like to point out that this problem has been there for quite some time and it is not looking good on a professional level of quality for a big block buster game company like blizzard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Any one know anything about this?

2 Likes

All we know for certain is that Blizzard disabled this feature and there is no ETA for when it will return. Navalistis stated, however, that Blizzard will keep the community “updated as news becomes available.” So the only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that, at this point in time, there is no news that can be made available to the public yet.

Frankly, I would love for this feature to be restored. I note each day that passes without comment, particularly because it is a feature that I use all the time. It would be ideal if it could be restored before the start of Season 19, but I have learned not to hold my breath for a request to be handled expeditiously simply because I expect it to.

This could be a low priority for the web team. Who knows. And if there is no available timeline as to when it will be restored, then it can essentially be pushed back indefinitely and remain in limbo until the web team is finally able to address it. The timeline for that could be anywhere between tomorrow and the day after never. Again, who knows. :woman_shrugging:

There’s been radio silence for a month since the stickied thread was posted…

Then there’s the issues with groups / chat / seasonal heroes seen as non-seasonal, clan chat, and so on that have been on-going for almost seven weeks. Last update was 12 days ago…

And, if you want an oldie, there’s the fact that the Recent Players List has been broken since December 2018, which has never been acknowledged by a blue post (as far as I can tell)…

This from a company that has repeatedly said it wants to get better at communication.

4 Likes

This company need more love than hate with all recent events… more or less recent…(blizzcon 2018), anyhow a little reminder prior to next season that this feature help a lot of people.

Good luck on all issues tech guy/women.

Yep, this makes it difficult to help people here. I’m usually on my phone when posting here, so trying to find people’s characters via D3planner is quite tedious.

It ultimately makes me move on without even trying.

1 Like

OT @MeteorBlade - lol, your last 2 quotes either mention me or was created by me.

Back on topic, we don’t have an ETA or seen any progress made but I find it odd that you can go to d3planner and import your profile but you can’t view anything on the official d3 site. Wouldn’t both use the same API?

IMHO, the web team needs to fix the current issues and then not touch things ever again. Whenever they do, they seem to break things. I really miss having apps on my phone where I can view player profiles and actual item details on a (gasp!) mobile device or seeing them in sites like d3progress. They’re dead now due to API changes that probably weren’t necessary, but if they were, backwards compatibility should have been a thing.

/EndRant

1 Like