Questions about one hc char

Hello,

I never played hc and now I am somehow interested but I have a few questions before I might start.

I will only have one hc char. Lets say with this hc char you have items at shared stash and then this hc char dies. Are the items at shared stash gone? what about paragonlevel?
Anything else I should be aware of if you only have hc char?

thanks in advance.

Hardcore characters share their stash, resources, cube and paragons. When your character dies, you lose whatever he and his follower were wearing, and whatever he had in the inventory. Stash and everything else is left intact.

1 Like

Some suggestions I can offer:

As you level up to 70 and replace gear, don’t salvage the pieces you used. Keep them as a backup until you can make some level reduced gear that you would use in case of death.

When you hit 70, one of the priorities is to take a level 70 weapon and prep it to use in case you die. The Gem of Ease can be either inserted into a socket in the weapon, allowing a level 1 character to use it. Or you can level up the Gem of Ease to level 25 and use the cube to permanently reduce any piece of gear to level 1.

Either of these methods will allow you restart a character that will be extremely powerful at low levels. This enables you to re-level to 70 very quickly as you can up the difficulty level from restart.

As your char gets established in HC, you could also consider doing the same Gem of Ease trick with a Leorics ring and Leorics Crown to boost experience gain. Add a Hellfire ring which has no level requirement and you can level from 1 to 70 in minimum time.

2 Likes