Question regarding Impale DH

Can you run Impale with Wraps of Clairity instead of Strong Arm Bracers for more toughness?

Not unless you also equip a primary skill.

Does this mean yes? Cuz it sure sounds like a yes

It does mean ‘yes.’ You can, for example, replace FoK with a primary and equip the Clarity bracers. Not sure if you end up with more toughness that way, but you do lose the 30% increased damage from the strongarms.

What TimberWolf is saying is that you need a generator. So you will loose the FoK toughness for a hatred generator to use Wraps. If you do that, you can change vault to Tumble.

that sounds a bit nicer than having to be in a hurry to span FoK constantly :slight_smile:

Let me know how it’s working out for you.

Well that’ll have to wait for a bit but I’ll let you know when I get to it!

1 Like

Well, if you’re running out of hatred to the point where you need a generator, you’re playing the build wrong. All you’re really doing is trading the generator for FoK, but the generator won’t proc the Numbing Traps passive like FoK does.

Technically, bane of the trapped already procs numbing if one chooses to use that passive, thus FoK is not used for that purpose.

He’s not running out of hatred. He wanted to know if he can use wraps for more toughness, which in a bubble, he can.

Fair enough, at the end of the day though, I don’t think it gives you more toughness than FoK with Numbing Traps.

Wraps of Clarity gives 2x toughness while FoK gives ~1.32x toughness (assuming high base armor and 25% armor from paragon). Both options can use Numbing Traps as the Bane of the Trapped aura will proc it.

I think the main reasons using a generator with Wraps of Clarity isn’t as popular are:

1. Loss of the bracer slot (could be Nemesis, Strongarms, Lacuni, or Aughilds instead)
  2. Loss of ~10% DPS - Impales need to be interspersed with a generator at least once every 5 seconds (1 generator per 10 Impales roughly)
  3. Difficulty of use - It is much easier to just press FoK when it’s available than to carefully watch the Wraps buff indicator

The only advantage to using the Wraps is a higher toughness which could be compensated instead by obtaining more paragon or more healing.

I forgot about BoT aura proc’ing Numbing Traps. My bad

Yeah well I only thought about using Impale DH that way because it would be more fun to me and if the cons would be so bad that it would be “unplayable” which it doesn’t appear to be so imma use that even if that means that I lose 10 percent damage. That’s no biggie at all

2 Likes

That is the important thing, play what’s fun.

2 Likes

You can always adjust your other items and skills as well. For example: if you use a generator with the wraps, you can use the F&R rings for more damage. You lose a ring slot but gain an ammy slot for something like Flavour of time, or maybe a good HFA.

1 Like

Yeah that sounds fun as heck :smiley:

1 Like