Question regarding cooldown reduction and area damage

Hello my fellow barb bros and sisters!

Hope things are well with everyone!

Ok so my cooldown reduction is sitting at 44.19% and my area damage is 113.

I just managed to snag primal pauldrons of the wastes that’s STR, VIT, Resist all, and LPS. The current shoulder item I have came with 15% area damage.

So should I roll for max 20% area damage or go for more cooldown reduction?

As always I appreciate any and all thoughts and comments.

Onward and upward, sons and daughters of Bul-Kathos!

Sorry to say but those primal pauldrons are worthless. Might as well dench them for the 25 souls. Your shoulders are better (assuming they came with 15% AD natural) since you can also get Rend/CDR.

Primals in general are way overrated, especially armor where they are only barely marginally better than a well rolled ancient. Don’t feel obligated to use it just cause it’s primal. They are only truly valuable on items that have unique “orange” properties which can roll a wide range (ie: yang’s recurve, the WD ring, lamentation, etc)

1 Like

Ah, ok. Good to know.

I do wonder if there is a point of diminishing returns for cooldown reduction though I doubt I could reach that threshold.

I did manage to luck out on another primal though. Got a FoT that rolled 20% lightning damage, CHD, CHC and I rolled off the movement speed for a socket. :laughing:

Grats - that is gonna be a godly FOT for another build or class - but not useful for WW barb which requires phys.

Yeah I just refreshed myself on the zodiac rend guide.

Ok I ended up using my old shoulders.

I rolled off the VIT for CDR but still no rend damage but yes, it already came with AD rolled on them. Back to the drawing board! lol

I think I’m looking forward to next season at this point. haha