Question on leveling faster

Leoric’s crown with rubies or Leoric’s Crown with Emeralds (and those nice bracers which give exp for gold pickup…even moreso with Boon of the horder)

Which gain xp faster? via killing groups and getting the ruby bonus…or getting all the xp from gathered gold

What you said are tips for leveling sub-70.

Once you reach lv70, these leveling items (crown, bracers, …) are nerfed to 10%.
Gold -> Exp is extremely inefficient because the Exp gap grows exponentially.

The best way to gain Exp is to run higher Greater Rift. So, equip yourself with best pushing build and grind GR.

Sorry but I did mean for sub 70

I see you have a lv67 HC seasonal DH on your profile page. Only 3 more levels. I don’t worry about leveling after lv60.

At this level, wear those leveling items and run bounties to get plans. Massacre bonus can get you these 3 levels quickly. Another advantage is the plans (e.g. Crimson) can be crafted once you get to level 70.

If you are talking about leveling a 2nd character, then level up a Gem of Ease and insert it into a lv70 weapon using the 1st character. The 2nd characters can level up at rocket speed using this weapon (in Torment difficulty).

As this is my 3rd attempt for a HC character…I am preparing for the next one…Not having a gem of ease yet let alone leveling it…I seem to have an easier time leveling on the console version of the game. So far this HC character is the highest I have gotten.

1st lost to my own idiocy the second 2 lost due to server lag on the same day…standing around no baddies around then bam the baddies appear and it says you died with no idea how or why…sojust preparing for that eventuality with this character.

I like to level a Gem of Ease to Rank 25 and then put it in Kanai’s Cube with a decent Level 70 Legendary Weapon to remove the Level Requirement. Then, I put a Flawless Royal Ruby in the Socket, give it to my newly created alternate, and watch her “go to town” on the monsters.  

Yes, that works.
But consider, GoE also gives some additional EXP, and any lv70 weapon can kill mobs below lv60 very fast, so I’m not bother to remove the lv req of the weapon.

In fact, I had removed the lv req of all 13 items to see how good it would be. It took me <20 min (don’t remember correctly) from lv 1 to lv 70; or just 2 or 3 rifts. Of course, level up 13 GoE to 25 took much more time than 20 min. :slight_smile:

Edit: oh, HF amulet and ring don’t need to remove lv req. And, forgot to mention that you can remove the lv req of the items for the follower too. :grin:

1 Like

As you are still levelling your HC char to 70. My advice is PLAY SAFE, don’t think about speed levelling.

After reaching lv70, you should start preparing for the next char.

If you take HC seriously, your stash should always has some levelling items ready.

For DH, I recommend a Yang, a HF amulet and a HF ring. A level 25 GoE for the Yang. Either insert the gem into the bow or use it to remove its lv req.

HF amulet and ring don’t have any level req. They can be equipped on a lv 1 char. Also, HF ring gives EXP bonus.

LoD is also a very good levelling tool. Spend some time levelling it up.

1 Like

Good point. I forgot about that.

But, I level to 21 so fast and then it’s Born’s. At 23 I add Cain’s. With a Flawless Royal Ruby in the Helm (from my main), Level 70 comes very quickly.

Adding the Rank 25 Gem of Ease in a Weapon would probably be even faster.

Plus below lvl 70 your crit chance is probably pretty low anyway so the emerald is of limited value, especially when you kill so fast.

I made a new barb for H90 Frenzy when it came out last season, but on NS. I had a high level GoE in a primal blackguard with 7ais and 10% damage just to use a useless primal. Leveled up real fast! I think the extra xp from GoE helps a lot and I did the Cains plus Borns when I was appropriate level too. NS was a bit easier though since I had Para to use as well.

Never thought to use cains or bornes…will make that a point on the next round. Well finally into P leveling and looking for set gear. How do you judge in HC when to increase your difficulty?

Currently in Hard and could probably push to expert but wanting to still play it safe…On console I already had a partial set of shadow gear so I was able to quickly increase level thus able to find more gear and advance gems diong GRs…not sure if this one is read for a rift yet.

When I’m ready to level an alt, raise GoE to lvl 25 then make make sure to have a supply of Hellfire mats on hand and a suitable lvl 70 weapon for the class you are leveling . Create alt (this season my 2nd toon was barb), grab weapon w/ GoE, activate Leorics Crown in cube + whatever else seems appropriate, create Hellfire Amulet and Hellfire Ring + whatever legendary gems you feel like. Head to Fields of Misery and get some massacre bonuses. Be at lvl 23 in about 7 minutes. Port to town, create Cains set, put Flawless Royal ruby in helm, then boom ==> lvl 70 in no time flat. Throw on some Custerians Wristguards if you have them, but I didn’t have any, so…

Borns/Cains has been superseeded imo, unless you’re starting fresh like at the start of a season.

If you want a fast leveling setup, stay away from sets and use a LoD gem, with a GoE levelled as high as possible for your weapon. Weapon choice will be different for each class depending on which skills you wish to use.

Add in Leorics Crown (with a max level Ruby), Leorics Signet, and if you can be bothered, Custerian wrists all GoE’d to level 1, with a maxed BotH gem too.

Hellfire ammy/ring are good too, but I tend to craft them as needed as they don’t need to be GoE’d.

I can get to level 70 in approx 1.5 rifts consistently (with a level 110 GoE in my weapon), with my outlier PB being right on 5mins, though I haven’t been able to get near that again.

Just be aware, the setup time can take a while, but once it’s done, you have it for good, the hard part is finding perfect items which only need the main stat changed depending on which class you want to level.

PS: Echoing Fury is also a fantastic weapon to use in the cube if you don’t need something specific in there.

It will be nice once I get a GOW or LOD…note first hardcore character to make it to 70 so very little to stage at this point. Its leveling that first character (outside of pleveling as I was to learn the characters skills).

[ Sarcasm begins here ]

Up the difficulty level and if your hero dies, it was too soon.
If they survive, repeat the above process until they die.

[ Sarcasm ends here ]

Realise that this is just how Hardcore is, and keep some spare gear in the Stash because it’s not a case of if your hero is going to die, but rather when. Accept it as a natural consequence of Hardcore and prepare for that eventuality.

That is terrible advice for HC, Meteorblade. If he did that, then his new character would have the same problem since they would be wearing all new gear, so raising the diff until you die will not answer that question. He will just die repeatedly until his stash is empty of gear.

I would say that if you can run several rifts in a row without proccing your save-life passive, then raise the difficulty.

I would use rubies in the crown and since you later talk about HC. I would work on getting a gem of ease to level 25. Then depending on the class craft the proper weapon, whether it is a two handed level 70 weapon or a two handed ranged weapon doesn’t matter. Then craft a socket on it if needed. Keep that in the stash to level to 70. Then when at level 70 you craft another level 70 weapon of the same type. With that alone I am able to take a character to level cap within about a couple of hours and it is non hardcore, depending on the class. This done on the highest difficulty you can handle which is no higher than master. So either stay at hard or bump it to master depending on the leveling build used.

I’ve amended my post accordingly.

1 Like