Question about the follower

Vanish, Fate’s Lapse, and Guardian now have a higher priority than player’s cheat death skills.
Does this mean for hc players, we dont have to use the cheat-death passive skill cuz we always have the follower’s cheat-death skill that will always procs first?

It pretty much means that your followers ability will be the first cheat-death ability to proc if you’re about to die (so it’d activate before class passive cheat-deaths, firebird cheat-death, etc). Even if you don’t have a cheat-death passive active, as long as your follower’s cheat-death ability isn’t on cooldown and your follower is alive (assuming that they need to be alive in order to use their ability), your follower cheat-death ability will save you from death.

k, thanks…that’s pretty good for hc players…means we can use another passive skill to boost our dps

the follower cheat death is a long cooldown though, and you’d probably still want your own cheat death on top of that for disconnects

ok, thanks. do u know how long is the cd on the follower cheat death? more than 60 secs?

120 seconds unless you use the cooldown relic.

damn…that’s long…lol. But we have to use follower can not die relic right? or else if the follower dies during a grift, it won’t activate the cheat-death passive for you right?

I wonder if followers can still save you if they’re frozen.

How does this cheat death? When you are shielded, do you take zero damage?

***** Skill Rework - Vanish

• When you take fatal damage, the Scoundrel conceals you from enemies for 3 to 7 seconds based on the Scoundrel’s Dexterity, and prevents your death allowing you to escape your death.

Sounds like 3-7 seconds of damage immunity.

I hope so… guess we’ll find out soon enough.

That was pretty much the case from when I was using the Scoundrel during the ptr.

The operative phrase is:

When you take fatal damage

The Follower Skill is not trigger unless you take enough Damage that it would kill you. The Follower Skill (Vanish, Guardian, Fate’s Lapse) allows you to escape from this damage. Therefore, escaping death. Also know as: Cheat Death.