Question about the change to Jesseth’s

Scythe of cycle. Both are 400% multipliers.

1 Like

Yeah, I know, I have one Scythe of the Cycle in my stash, but as I remember its effect only works with Bone Armor and I don’t use that in my build.

Wow, I hadn’t even considered that the Jesseth’s bonus could no longer apply to pets.

If this is true, and considering the changes to Haunted Vision and Reaper’s Wraps, the Rathma set (which was already weak for solo pushing) was nerfed into the ground.

Jesseth should work for mages. The change in wording allows Jesseth to work for everything now. The current wording affects only the damage from your minions, like mages, skeletons, golem and revived monsters.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. Luckily I like playing with things that are ultra nerfed, without caring about being competitive. At the end of the day, I only play what I like most, and in this case my Necro build has always been Rathma SM with Jesseth, HV and RW.

Not sure if you’ll want to keep HV in your build with how it was changed.

I bet people wish they hadn’t scrapped their primal Jesseths over the years… one day my primal Blackthorns set is going to be money in the bank too!

1 Like

Why? With Simulacrums being a permanent increase in Essence and only draining 1%, that is a win. You lose the double cast of Mages but Circle of Nailuj Evol already does that. The change to Reaper’s hurts the build but…

They can now duplicate Grim Scythe instead of Skeletal Mage.“ Well, and what if you don’t use GS? Then I guess SM keep being duplicated, right? And about RW, let’s be optimistic, it could be worse than a 2 sec cooldown. Of course the nerf is not nice, but it could be worse. I’m quite optimistic about this.

I cannot help but feel like Scythe of the Cycle plus a random ancient Phylactery is better than Jesseth’s due to the shield. And Bone Armor is a better skill to be forced to use than Command Skeletons.

1 Like

Pet damage is your damage just like every other skill. They all use the same source which is X% weapon damage as can be read in skill description.

Yes but this set looks like it might be tanks enough without bone armor… so you can still get 400% and free up a skill slot

I hope you’re right, otherwise my build is dead.

for this im actually hyped.

didnt use blood & essence used to use skelletons to reduce cdr via obsidian and an auto cast whenever you curse an enemy?
Now with jesseths you get 400% multiplier. Combine that with the buffed lances and the corpse explosions this might destroy solo speeds

But if the bonus doesn’t apply to SM’s damage then it won’t be suitable for Rathma SM build. If it does, then the new bonus is actually really nice, but we don’t know that yet. We’ll have to wait and see what happens, but I hope it does because I like using Jesseth for my build.

The new wording will apply to Skeleton Mage, 100%. The change in wording makes the set bonus apply to EVERYTHING instead of the current wording where it only applies to minion damage.

Yeah, that’s what I understood at first, so if it applies to SM then I don’t have to change weapons.

It forces you to use command skeleton instead of bone armor. It doesn’t free up a skill slot. It’s still a net dps loss in exchange for toughness in the form of the shield.

It definitely works with everything, including pets. The two advantages Jesseth’s has over SoC are that it applies to more than just three skills, and the skeletons can perform useful functions as part of a build (healing or freezing, mostly, with a little bit of blocking shots with their bodies).

It works with Thorns :slight_smile: