Question about the change to Jesseth’s

I’m planning to play Necro in the upcoming season and I’d like to use the Rathma set.

The change to Jesseth’s now gives the multiplier to all your damage and not only to your pets. Is this enough for Army of the Dead to be useful, or is it still crap?

2 Likes

It “helps” but the skill is still crap, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Ah well.

So I guess the change to Jesseth’s was just to try and make them viable for non-pet builds.

It is unfortunately not worth the 2 slots…

About this, when it says it applies to all the skills, do you think mages still get the bonus? Since it’s a skill too, then it should get the bonus, right?

Probably not from wordings… you meaning you as the character. SM are minions.

Need PTR to confirm. It looks like this mechanic is very similar to marauder concept.

Damn it, I hope SM get the bonus too, or I better be searching other weapon…

Scythe of cycle. Both are 400% multipliers.

1 Like

Yeah, I know, I have one Scythe of the Cycle in my stash, but as I remember its effect only works with Bone Armor and I don’t use that in my build.

Wow, I hadn’t even considered that the Jesseth’s bonus could no longer apply to pets.

If this is true, and considering the changes to Haunted Vision and Reaper’s Wraps, the Rathma set (which was already weak for solo pushing) was nerfed into the ground.

Jesseth should work for mages. The change in wording allows Jesseth to work for everything now. The current wording affects only the damage from your minions, like mages, skeletons, golem and revived monsters.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. Luckily I like playing with things that are ultra nerfed, without caring about being competitive. At the end of the day, I only play what I like most, and in this case my Necro build has always been Rathma SM with Jesseth, HV and RW.

Not sure if you’ll want to keep HV in your build with how it was changed.

I bet people wish they hadn’t scrapped their primal Jesseths over the years… one day my primal Blackthorns set is going to be money in the bank too!

1 Like

Why? With Simulacrums being a permanent increase in Essence and only draining 1%, that is a win. You lose the double cast of Mages but Circle of Nailuj Evol already does that. The change to Reaper’s hurts the build but…

They can now duplicate Grim Scythe instead of Skeletal Mage.“ Well, and what if you don’t use GS? Then I guess SM keep being duplicated, right? And about RW, let’s be optimistic, it could be worse than a 2 sec cooldown. Of course the nerf is not nice, but it could be worse. I’m quite optimistic about this.

I cannot help but feel like Scythe of the Cycle plus a random ancient Phylactery is better than Jesseth’s due to the shield. And Bone Armor is a better skill to be forced to use than Command Skeletons.

1 Like

Pet damage is your damage just like every other skill. They all use the same source which is X% weapon damage as can be read in skill description.

Yes but this set looks like it might be tanks enough without bone armor… so you can still get 400% and free up a skill slot

I hope you’re right, otherwise my build is dead.