Question about the Altar

I got this about the part that gives you a random shrine effect:
Potion AC: “When you drink your health potion, gain a random shrine effect.” — The consumption of this potion power will net you a helpful Shrine effect: either the increased attack speed of Frenzied, the damage reduction of Blessed, the increased movement speed and pickup radius of Fleeting, or the increased experience from monster kills of Enlightened.
It seems the max number is 3, so if you continue to drink the potion, does a new random effect overwrite one of the first 3, or do they remain the same?

They stack.

If you mouse-over the Shrine effect icon that pops up over the Action Bar, it will expand, showing all of the current, active Shrine effects.

Edit: I believe if one of the random Shrine effects is one you already have active it just resets the expiration time. (Gloves of Worship allow 10-minute uptime).

1 Like

Thanks. But if you have 3 of them, and the next time you drink you get the 4th, does that replace one of the 3 you already have?

That, I’m not really sure about, if I understand what you’re asking.

You want to know if you have 3 completely different Shrine effects active, you drink a Potion and get a different, 4th Shrine effect, if it replaces one of the 3 that are already active.

This should be easy to test. And you should be able to do it in town.

1. Drink a Potion and mouse-over the icon to see which one it is.
  2. On Cooldown, drink it again and check your Shrine effects again.
  3. Drink it a 3rd time. Check it again.
  4. Continue doing this until you’re sure you’re getting different Shrine effects. (No duplicates).

If you have the patience, you can drink your Potion 10 times or more. Do you ever get more than 3 Shrine effects when you mouse-over the effects icon?

Note: By doing this in town you can be assured that the only Shrine effects you have active are from your Potion and not from Pylons or Shrines. (If you already have some Shrine effects active, Leave Game and restart before you test).

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I was asking.
Now, I’m lazy, and I really don’t want to do that…which was why I asked the great and the good of the game for their esteemed opinion…and come to think of it I don’t think I’ll bother. :grinning:

1 Like

Me too. Which is why I don’t have a better answer for you.  

1 Like

It has the same effect as clicking on a shrine. If you already have the effect it resets the timer.

1 Like

And I thought you knew everything! :grinning:

Oh… definitely not. I’m the one that always admits:

• I'm not a skilled gamer.
  • I'm a casual gamer.
    • I put in a lot of hours, but I don't "blur" through the game.
  • I "never" study game mechanics. (Well, only enough to get me in trouble).

I just like to help other players if and when I can. Much of it is from personal experience and years of documenting issues that are more common to players. (Hence, my copy/paste replies). Some of it is from memory, which isn’t so sharp these days, and usually gets corrected by more knowledgeable players.

Good luck, stay safe and good hunting!  

2 Likes

I think you do a good job. Are you Meteorblade in Immortal by any chance?

1 Like

No. @Meteorblade is a another fellow, knowledgeable and helpful player.

I am only Perusoe…   here, there and everywhere.  

2 Likes

No, that’d be me

3 Likes

:grinning: twenty characters at least