Question about season 24 and the hammerdin

On maxroll I see that the hammerdin guide has Captain Crimson and Strongarm. Now unless there is some active or passive skills that has a blind, immobilize, stun or knockback. I have no idea how they could possibly proc Hammer Jammers. Sacred Harnes procs Hammer Jammers. But not Strongarm. And Gabriel’s Vambraces helps with Wrath cost on hitting less than 3 enemies. Making it great against the RG.

Now if any of those items procs themselves like Bane of the Trapped does but doesn’t mention it please inform me. The ones at the top of the leader boards are using Captain Crimson and Strongarm bracers. They done a GR116, the only way that I think that would be possible is due to the power of ethereals. None of the ethereals I checked has any blind, stun, immobilize or knockback.

PS: At least use Gabriel’s Vambraces and Part the Clouds for Falling Sword to use Captain Crimson. Otherwise there is no way that you will be able to do no GR100+ due to not proc’ing Hammer Jammers. Even Flash for Iron Skin would help. Even Shield Glare would help as well.

This post will help answer your question about Hammer Jammers:

Thanks for telling me Falling Sword will proc Hammer Jammers and have a knock up. But the problem is that the Vambraces help with Wrath when fighting the RG. So I might want to use them instead of Strongarm.

With Captain Crimson and high CDR to recast Provoke, you won’t run out of Wrath, making Gabriel’s non essential. If you want more defense you can try APD and some 5.1% stun chance roll.

@dmkt, I am afraid that I won’t be able to keep Akarat’s Champion up all of the time if I keep COE. Which means that I would have to drop COE to get the Zodiac ring. Unless the build is tanky enough without perma Akarat’s Champion.

If you have max cdr on every item, you’ll have perma AC without zodiac. That’s how it usually is played.

1 Like

I used the CDR online calcuator at the D3 source website and it doesn’t show it at 100% uptime. What am I doing wrong if it doesn’t show it at 100% uptime?

If it shows 98%+ uptime, you use falling sword to bridge the small gap.
If it shows less than that, your gear is not good enough for push.

The link below is what I am talking about.

http://rerollcalculator.com/CDR

Now if you are talking about some other calculator or maybe D3 planner can show it as well then yes I can understand what you are saying.

Indeed, my bad, if you have perfect gear you’ll have 97+% cdr, not 95%.
You should use d3planner.com for this btw.

There is .12 sec downtime.

Apart from gear rolls, CDR comes from:

• Diamond in Helm
  • Paragon
  • Crimson
  • Gogok
  • Fervor Passive
  • Enchantress

I don’t even recall seeing the AC buff icon flicker.

You’re right, I forgot to count enchantress, and counted a belt roll instead.

1 Like

@kikaha, then the d3 planner will do a much better job of calculating cooldown.

1 Like