Question about rapid fire

just wondering is it important or must to roll 15% rapid fire damage on your helm, boots and quiver if you wanna push higher? I checked leaderboards this season, seems like not much ppl roll these stats on those 3 items except only in helm or boots…not like for impale you have to roll 15% impale damage in ur helm, boots and quiver…like it’s a must

Does Wojahnni still give Rapid Fire %? In previous iterations it wasn’t a separate multiplier, it gave Rapid Fire %, same as the gear rolls. I haven’t played Rapid Fire since the buffs, so I don’t know if it still works that way. But you can check your sheet while it stacks.

If that’s the case, Rapid Fire% on boots/helm/quiver is going to be pretty useless. If you already have 3000% Rapid Fire damage, adding 3x15% rolls is a drop in the bucket. About 0.5% DPS increase per 15% roll.

That’d be my guess on why no one takes Rapid Fire %. If it’s only going to give 0.5% DPS, there’s other more beneficial rolls you could take there.

EDIT: Just checked in game, Wojahnni does still give Rapid Fire %. So that would be why.

3 Likes

Spot on. 3045% vs 3000% RF damage isn’t going to make a lot of difference. Whereas you could use those slots for 2k vit on boots and helm, and on the quiver it could be 8% elite damage, 20% area damage or 8% CDR dependent on your needs. (it could be other better things, I haven’t stopped to look lately.)

Edit: Psst, if RNGesus could please give me a primal Sin Seekers and/or Unity before season end, that would be really lovely, thanks.

3 Likes

Exactly. RF bonus on Wojahnni is additive with regular 15% RF bonus on Helm, Boots and (regular roll) quiver. Therefore these 45% have (very) close to zero effect on your damage. More toughness (helm, boots) or other damage modifiers (AD, elite damage, …) are better.

The legendary bonus on the quiver however is multiplicative, so you still want a good value here (300%).

This should be considered as a bug, and it was reported during the PTR, but it didn’t get fixed …

2 Likes

You could probably make the argument for taking it on boots, there’s not really much else you could get there. Armor or life regen. 516 armor on a DH is going to be a kinda marginal toughness increase. At 2500 base armor (so 41250 with 40% from Bladed Armor + 25% from paragon), an additional 516 armor is about a 1.8-1.9% toughness increase. That’s not all that significant. The higher your paragon, the less effective that extra 516 armor will be. At 50k base armor (so 82500 with Bladed Armor + paragon), that extra 516 armor is only worth about 1% toughness.

I’d take 1000 vit on helm any day over 0.5% DPS though. And then there’s definitely better DPS stats on quiver, like Hebalon said.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the explanation Tinne

Its hard to get a decant quiver with decant stats within the time contraints of a season
thats why ppl might not have it on their quiver

ppl tend to push with what they can get on seasons.