Question about new Raekor Barbarian

Greetings guys.

I would like your opinion about the squirts necklace on the the new boulder toss Raekor barb. I’ve seen many guides and youtube videos suggesting the squirt necklace as the BiS amulet, at least for the speed variation. Is there something that I am missing?

Squirts seems to contradict the nature of Raekor set, more specifically the 4 piece bonus, where the lower your life is the harder you hit. You cannot benefit from both squirts and 4 piece buff at the same time.

The only thing I can think of is if you click a shield pylon, you are not going to activate the 4-piece buff so you might as well have double damage for two minutes. Apart from that, I believe a hellfire amulet with a good passive is more beneficial.

It’s hard to utilize the 4 piece bonus in speeds, where you tend to freeze and then kill enemies before they damage you. Easier to just use Squirt + Gizzard and just get some extra damage that way.

2 Likes

98% of those guides are written by someone trying to make money from ad revenue and not actual barb mains.

That’s a great point. Whenever squirts is up your bonus is down. One could argue it is insurance, but that’s a big reason why I like hellfires so much to go with focus/restraint

1 Like

Indeed. Squirts is very popular nowdays and maybe is the best in slot but I have a very hard time keeping the buff up especially with a squishy build like Raekor so I eventually end up receiving the 50% more damage all the time. Luckily, barbarian has a nice pool of good passives, both defensive and offensive, so hellfire is perfect for me. I don’t use focus and restraint though, because I desperately need band of might and RoRG to equip crimson set.

definitely not the strategy in hardcore.

I really hated the build when I first tried it, but it is growing on me. Targetting was my biggest obstacle, but now I target right at my feet and it seems to work pretty well.

1 Like

Barb dodge from buffs and shield pylon make squirts great for speed runs.

It’s unfortunate they didn’t add damage reduction or some way to keep wotb up permanently as it’s pretty much mandatory to not feel terrible.

1 Like

Same here actually. Although, I am playing it on softcore. I am close to 1000 paragons now and I am starting to get the hang of it. If I could change one thing, that would be the 4 piece bonus and replace it with a damage reduction or cooldown reduction. I am using esoteric alteration and the relentless passive plus the two cheat deaths, one on me and one on the follower and I don’t die that often.

1 Like