Question about IAS with Savages build

So I have a Savages build with Echoing Fury, plus IAS on ring (can’t change that) and I just got some ancient gloves with STR, VIT, IAS and CHC. I need some more CDR (only 38%), so my question is: is there a limit beyond which more IAS is useless, so I should roll the IAS to CDR? Or I could roll one of the other stats to CDR. I just tested it out and got 137% IAS.

Vitality is always a prime target to be rolled into something else on gloves. That’s because you can always use paragon points to get more Vitality, but you can’t use them to get the offensive stats you gain from the re-roll.

My gut says… STR / AS / CHD (rerolled from VIT) / CHC but wait for the maths Barbs.

2 Likes

Hey Scourge,

If I remember right, EF at 5 stacks adds enough AS to get you to a 5 frame Frenzy when WOTB is active, even if missing an attack speed roll or two on gear. I’m on phone right now which makes using D3planner a little difficult, so what I’d suggest is just importing your profile and then checking your Frenzy breakpoint both with and without that AS roll to see what you get (and make sure you use the EF stacks slider too).

With 5 EF stacks, you may well hit that 6/5 breakpoint even without the glove roll.

In that case, you could roll IAS on gloves to CDR, though you will get more dps out of rolling to CHD. You should probably be be using the Aughild setup, which is not really CDR breakpoint sensitive. But even if using a CoE setup, which is CDR breakpoint sensitive, 8% more on your gloves won’t get you to the next breakpoint, 46.66%.

So yeah, just check your Frenzy frames with full EF stacks, and if that glove IAS makes no difference, I’d recommend rolling IAS—>CHD.

One caveat: if you ever intend to use Azurewrath instead of EF, then you would definitely want IAS on your gloves, so that would be a reason not to roll IAS off this pair, unless you have another good pair of gloves kicking around.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m using the Aughild setup. Thanks for your help, I’ll have a look at that. :slight_smile:

Y’know, I wish other classes had such an amazing support network as you Barbs have… =)

3 Likes

I see quite a lot of helpful stuff happening on the DH forum too.
The others, not so much.

1 Like

I would agree that DH comes in second for sure, beyond that I see next to nothing really among the other classes. Barb is by far the most supportive and helpful from my POV here on the forums.

1 Like

Well SE, if you ever have any Barb questions, just let us know!

Thanks, I certainly shall. I mainly play DH, but I do enjoy the WW/Rend Barb. I tried Frenzy but it just wasn’t to my liking and the new Reakor I tried briefly but the playstyle didn’t grab me.