Question about Firebird sett

Hello.
My Hc DMO Sorc sett died.
So, i have to use Firebirds now. Its completly new ( i had the old in my mind)
Can someone explain how to trigger the 6 Piece Bonus ?
Tried Hydra, Meteor but the dmg is so low but it should be really high, right ?
What else can proc the Bonus ?

And is anywhere a guide for Desintegrade only ? Found only meteor or blast.
Also tried teleport with dmg rune- does this work too ?

Thanks

Edit : oh, and why cant i use the one time only lvl 70 crafting recipe ?

Edit 2 : Figured a good Build out, firebird desintegrate with energy twister. makes a lot of fun

There are actually two 6pc bonuses. The first gives damage when enemies are Ignited, the second combines Ignite with Combustion stacks when a non-channeling Fire skill is used (excluding Pets such as Hydras or Mirror Images.)

You need a skill that deals fire damage directly, more or less. As you already mentioned, Channeling and pets don’t work, but that’s not the full picture. There are even more restrictions in place. Combustion damage can not be caused by:

• channeling skills (= essentially only Arcane Torrent, Flame Ward)
• pet attacks (e.g. unruned Hydra, Mirror Images)
• damage over time (e.g Blizzard/Apocalypse)
• item based effects causing skills to stike multiple times (e.g. Wand of Woh)
• proc skill attacks (e.g. Etched Sigil auto-casts, both legacy and current)

All these restrictions… if you look at it, then the devs made sure to exclude everything that could make the set fun to play. And that’s not sarcasm, it’s a fact. It’s frustrating that basically only Spectral Blade, Flame Blade is left if you want to play Firebird with Combustion.

2 Likes

so Energy twister doesnt work either ? Or only with fire dmg rune ?

Edit : seems like energy twister with fire rune works too, but it must be a fire spell right ?

Edit : Well, since even energie twister doesnt work- the sett is still garbage…
I play a range char while channeling- than go melee for a few seconds ? the stacks go off so quickly. same for bomb…channel, go melee and bomb ? Nonsense

For ranged you can use Magic Missile conflagrate, or Electrocute forked lightning. There is also Shock Pulse fire bolts but that one is quite erratic. Also Energy Twister gale force can still work but only if it is manually cast, and not generated by the off hand item.

1 Like

Indeed, there are very few skills that will release Combustion plus Ignite.
Firebird can still be useful for farming lost items after HC death.
Flame Blades/Blast build can be dangerous in HC because you must put yourself in harm’s way to use them. Frequent use of Teleport/Safe Passage helps.

aha , good to know, how about meteor, meteor shower ?
which skills that proc it ?

Atm im playing fire desintigrate with twister and makes lots of fun but dmg is low.

Btw, i use Twister gale force with auto cast (off hand) . so all i have to do is sometimes cast it myself ? its in my bar already.

Yes, you can use Meteor, meteor shower or molten impact to trigger combustion. But again, only if you manually cast them, not if they are triggered by another item or power.

Additionally, if you only use spenders, you will run out of mana quickly. Which is why the trigger skill is better to be a non-spender skill such as any of the primary skills. Many use the flame blades because those are more effective in high GR pushing, however the ranged fire primaries (electocute forked lightning or magic missile conflagrate) work just as well for most activities and they won’t run you dry on mana.

Yes you can use the twister gale force with auto cast, but only the self cast ones will trigger combustion. Do whatever feels best for how you want to play.

1 Like