Question about Blizzconline?

I think between D4 and DI, the Diablo franchise is pretty full. But I’d really like to see D2 remaster. But it needs more than a Remaster. It needs a REMAKE.

LOL, I remember Nevalistis said the forges were hot, and it took us YEARS to actually get something to talk about. Literal years. At least two of them.

4 Likes

Did you also count how many of them were useful while you were at it?

3 Likes

Do you realize that the CMs can only talk about things that others higher up the food chain let them talk about. It’s a miracle that they even say anything with all of the back seat drivers in this community.

1 Like

Quoted for truth.

Sure we all have our preferences, but the game won’t be better or worse because of the bow class being either the Amazon, Rogue, Hunter, DH or whatever. Or if the last class is the Necromancer, Paladin, Crusader or Horadrim.

I believe that what most of us want is knowing whether we’ll have or not mercenaries, a more detailed idea about trading/no trading than the vague one from Blizzcon’19, crafting, runewords update, the cube (you’ve previously said that it’s iconic and it would be in D4), item “variants” for deeper itemization (D2 had ethereals and a 3-tiered system with correlations, what will D4 have instead?) , …

1 Like

Do they need permission to say “Hey, this is a good idea, I’ll pass this on.” or “I could see how this is a problem, I’ll add this to our discussion.” or just being present and just letting us know they are out there, instead of the twice a month fluff post we get, and all the ignored feedback.

4 Likes

Yeah, Nev did a great job ignoring the forum all on her own. I really wonder why they now need three guys for that.

1 Like

Agreed. A remaster just won’t cut it due to the way it was designed for 480 and 600 resolutions. They are not going to do a SC remaster and redom models and leave it at those low resolutions. So it has to be remade.

Kindly makes me happy to think about what an Announcement of D2R would do to this forum. Think…mushroom cloud :wink:

I know it’s probably rather early to even consider; but I’d like to know how long they plan on setting the duration of seasons. Would they be short-lasting similar to most of Diablo 3 seasons (approx 3 months)? Or would they last longer similar to most of Diablo 2 ladders (approx 6 months)? I think knowing that would kind of give us an idea of how long it would take when it comes to creating and building characters along with getting into endgame activity (both journey and destination aspect).

Approximately 6 or so years ago, a Diablo 2 remake announcement would’ve had my excitement and hype levels on par with a thermonuclear explosion. However now; I think I’d be mostly impartial to it until it’s been developed enough for me to judge (and even then I doubt I’ll be too pleased with it). Warcraft 3 Reforge kind of tempered any expectations I may have had for a good Diablo 2 Remake. But that’s just me.

1 Like

i believe the 3 guys will have alot more to do once the D4 forum opens up, the game is in beta or released. and i guess they will work for immortal aswell?

i can bet you they check here every work day and take feedback to the others

1998 - StarCraft
1998 - StarCraft: Brood War
2010 - StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
2013 - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
2015 - StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void
2016 - StarCraft II: Nova Covert Ops
202X - StarCraft Immortal: Do you guys not have phones?

More traffic and the same trolls trolling more. Don’t really care either way. I’d rather see a remake than a remaster though.

2 Likes

“Lots to talk about” could also mean the Diablo Netflix series.

1 Like
2 Likes

I haven’t realy heard anything except rumors.

IMO - Castlevania was animated and did a good job. WoW movie was fine.

For Live Action, Prince of Persia and Assassin’s Creed were well done live action. Resident Evil was OK. Thoug Doom gets a C-

Edit: thanks for the links @Avalon

Only time will tell. The Diablo lore is so massive I would be interested in this if it turns out to be true. I will believe it when they make the official announcement and it is playing on my big screen TV (not my mobile device).

In February 2020, Nick van Dyk, co-president of Activision Blizzard Studios, revealed through his LinkedIn profile that the series was in pre-production, and would be distributed through Netflix.

“I guess I can confirm I am indeed in final talks to write and show-run the new DIABLO animated series for Activision and Netflix. It’s very exciting and I hope to the High Heavens it all works out.” — Andrew Cosby

Still no update.

Latest General Discussion topics - BlizzCon Forums (blizzard.com)

Maybe next week we get the schedule?