Quarter 2 update inbound orrrr....?

With two Tuesdays left in quarter two, will Blizzard manage to provide a content update for Diablo 4? Or did they set themselves up for failure and the plebs up for disappointment? :slight_smile:

Come back if it is not up by the 30th.

5 Likes

I am not sure why you think a news article needs to be posted on a Tuesday. They said the target date for the next D4 Quarterly update would be before the end of Q2. Q2 ends at the end of June.

6 Likes

I didn’t say it “needs” to be posted. I’ve been around blizzard a long time, and they do Tuesday updates… it’s just a little snark/affectionate omage to their update schedule. relax. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The first quarter update regarding Diablo 4 was posted on a Wednesday. As for when quarter 2 update, they stated it’d be at the end of this month; so we’re probably looking at either the 29th or the 30th before we see it.

1 Like

No Blizzcon this year, so how about one of the new classes in this update, Or is that considered a major announcement for some event next year?

1 Like

I’m personally hoping for either info regarding a new class and/or maybe seeing more about character building aspects such as skills and passive trees (hopefully the passive tree receives some additions to it). But I could definitely settle for some lore info regarding the current state of the world of Sanctuary as well as it’s inhabitants.

1 Like

yes, please. official confirmation: Amazon!

I think they probably will stage some digital con, most companies have made the pivot to digital conferences given the pandemic.

I dont think we’ll see a class update. They’re likely to monetize classes like they did with the necro. IT’s hard to give up money you know you could have, especially when you have stakeholders as a public company.

The update will probably feature more mechanics/UI/system changes for skills/items/runes/stats etc. The post they made about what these updates hope to achieve says as much in more words.

Well there’s supposedly 5 playable classes that are to be available at launch; so the remaining two are to be free along with the first 3 revealed classes. Now any classes released after the game’s launch will undoubtedly require purchase either in the form of a dlc or expansion.

2 Likes

Yes, but not in November. An Update on BlizzCon - BlizzCon Target is early next year. They need to re-think the whole thing and how to produce and distribute it. Also, they won’t have the convention center I don’t think so the production spaces are not there.

Didn’t they say we get 5 classes at release included in the base price? So the other two will eventually be announced. My guess is later in the year or at the online blizzcon event. I am expecting smaller but more complex things for the quarterly updates, much like you mentioned.

2 Likes

At least we shifted the conversation away from trading for a few seconds.
None of the D3 and D4 haters have jumped in on this one yet. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Here is my guess, it will either be very small or nothing at all. Due to some kind of virus excuse.

2 Likes

i hope we get more info on dueling/pvp, character development and HELL :metal:

The guy in the hell concept art looked like a Paladin. I cannot included the link, I am not worthy. :metal:

1 Like

What is there to talk about for pvp or even worse, dueling?
You go into an arena and do battle. That is it… yay…

1. Where are the PvP zones located.
  2. How many people can enter.
  3. What level do you need to be.
  4. What are the rewards.
  5. How may times can you enter.
  6. How many PvP zones are in the open world.
  7. Can a non PvP player accidental walk in to PvP.

Not that I care, just saying.

2 Likes

Well ok more than I thought. Like you it is rather low on the care meter here :stuck_out_tongue:

I do believe that it won’t likely be on either a Saturday or Sunday. So they only have about 8 days left to post some news.

I think what will happen is sometime after season 20 ends they will post the blog about season 21 then sometime after that they will post the next update.

Don’t forget, we have a new CM. It may be a little longer than “end of June”.

I’m actually expecting “near the end of June”. So, end of July at the latest.