Quality of Life Failure

Tias, I was replying to the thread OP, not you. I am a bit confused as to why you quoted me and brought up your idea. I wanted the OP to see that they already had what they were asking for. Unless the OP meant auto pickup instead of vacuum pick up.

It aint easy chatting with on edge gamers. Especially in Blizzard chats where everyone needs an explanation for everything.

If you have the pet collect the materials it will have too much to collect. So you make it vacuum? Why not vacuum gold? Do we now need a to stack radius to vaccum the materials? It doesnt work very well.

It should work like blood shards.

A walk over collect makes sense. I would like a nice explanation from a dev. But then I’d also ask why I have to do GR all day for what a group can do in an hour… The game is still full of flaws.

1 Like

I understand that they want collection to mean something and be engaging, but clicking isn’t rewarding or satisfying.

I love Miss C’s idea for a session mats counter. That would be pretty cool.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think they can’t figure out how to do it. I mean, the first excuse is that they wouldn’t add it in unless they made consumables a non-inventory item, which they did a couple years ago. We haven’t heard anything since, and it seems like they would want to add it in since it’s been so heavily asked for. Maybe they can’t figure it out.

Marvel Heroes had a function where nearby loot, including equippable items could be vacuumed up with a button press, and a customizable loot filter along with that. Wish D3 could have something like that. Set it up to only pick up consumables, legs and set items, and hit the button.

Coding such thing is not really a problem I reckon. They just gonna code a simple script that detect any listed materials on a short area and vacuum them when in proximity.

The issues are, do they want to; shine speedfarm builds further, remove the only cooldown tradeoff element from standard difficulties and boost solo builds. Once they find a solid answer to even out both solo and group sides, they may even apply it right away.

However doing so to grant a material auto-pickup will make speedfarm specs stand out as the ONLY viable way of running bounties or Neph Rifts. Do you imagine yourself enjoying the game while following the trail of a speedfarmer for minutes with no monster to kill around? Or do you really want to turn a casual farm session into a competitive race about who would piss further?
With the current system speedfarm specs get a slap on the wrist if they don’t slow down, with auto-pickup they’ll be unstoppable with this powergrowth.

Another effect of this will be homogenizing the gameflow to be same as GRs. After a while players won’t even pick loot up once they got the comfort of speedbuilds with auto-pickup DB/mats. I mean, why would they? Why would they ever stand still and pickup loot while they can go ahead and kill more to get more DB with oriented cooldown cycles for higher efficiency? You can replicate anything in damn cube and it’s guaranteed.

I donno if developers ever cave in to such suggestions after this point now years passed and no action or word have been seen so far.
My take would be burying such buff to Strength in Numbers to promote group runs. This way, speedfarm builds would get more punishment for not staying with team in a Neph Rift.
People wanted this in a solo play? Create a new artifact type that offer different powers, like non-cosmetic Wings and offer alternatives to this gimmick for altering solo and group play slightly.

I think you will be well informed to read this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HQzrdA5hND3S4nEZo-Y1Y4vB5BoE5D8DiAQbxSD_MJc/edit#gid=794094058

That’s an average mat/shard spent about the item you “want”, right? The minimal amount of mat/shard needed to be spent for you to see item once. Yet for the case of gamble, seeing any legendary item not entirely “constant” again; it’s an average rough estimation.
You’re showing me lists of “having an Ancient item from Cube” because cube has a constant rate of giving legendary item whenever you ask it nicely.

If that table reads me 3000 shard needed for one item at gamble, I’m willing to bet it won’t give me the “item I want” right away the moment I spent the figured amount. It can occur at 6500 spent and if there are many items at the same 3000 shard average range or lower, I may get them at random.
Shards listed in that table are “average” amounts. I’ll have lots of trash on my way 'till I reach “a target” in gambling, yet gamble or cube don’t care about your target. Still it doesn’t change the fact that gamble is unreliable if you want a legendary item right away.

There’s NO constant on gaining a legendary item on gamble. I’m telling you it has a random decision and no constant ratio of giving you any legendary item which is considered a high tier item and equal class; regardless of you want it or not. Where cube gives you that right away with each attempt at a constant rate.

How clearer can I get? Really? I’m honestly confused, help me here, so I can explain better. Why are you refusing to grasp it and dismiss all? “Average” does not mean it’s “Constant 100%”.
The term “item you want” is irrelevant to a slot machine, it doesn’t care; all legendary items are equal in the system at terms of item quality because they’re all Forgotten Souls when smelt. That’s it. Don’t start another conspiracy theory.

I responded to you because of this line:

I was essentially reiterating we only got partial vaccuum pickup. We still have to click each material type. Nothing more, nothing less. :slight_smile:

I don’t push GRs, do speed runs, or even group anymore. This isn’t about me clearing anything faster. This is about removing an annoying aspect of the game that actually makes me less inclined to play it.

That leads into the argument that I would play less…if I didn’t have to pick up my mats? I’m not even sure how one can come to this conclusion without knowing anything about me. I don’t quick games because the developers made it more convenient for me. I quit games when they are no longer fun and enjoyable.

One of the reasons I have played Diablo for so long is because I can play at my pace, setting my own goals and have fun doing so. My only complaint about aspects of the game that require me to “push myself” Blizzard’s ideas of fun, has to do with stash space. But I accept that I’ll never have more than one unlocked.

Removing the need to pickup mats won’t even register as a blip, in changing the endgame. Bots will still bot, and they have proven to be craftier than Blizzard (if you accept even half the complaints of bots as having a basis in facts).

If removing the need to click mats destroys the integrity of the endgame, then the problem is with the endgame, not picking up the mats. And since everyone would benefit, the meta would balance out within a season at most.

I would question why game balance is tied to picking up materials. I mean, how can that even be measured by Blizzard in a meaningful way? That’s saying they have the resources to know exactly how long it takes to for players to pick up loot, and choose to use those resources to collect this data, to soft-limit progression. When there are several other ways to measure game balance.

This isn’t my fight, though I do believe it’s a reasonable request that won’t destroy the integrity of this game. But just because it’s not my fight, or that it won’t benefit me in some great way, doesn’t mean that I can’t support it.

And if this is hoovering, in the way materials are currently collected, then fine, OK, whatever. All this means is that Blizzard acknowledges the fact that it’s a pain to click several times. But they don’t want to give in completely. Otherwise, it’s not big for players to have to pick up the GR keys, one at a time. We have to maintain the integrity of the endgame after all.

I do hope something changes. This is the only game at my hand hurts so bad after about a week playing. A week or so into the current season and I’m having to take a break now. So much unnecessary clicking to pick up items when console versions are so much easier. I guess it’s going to take some lawsuits for them let go of their Kung fu grip on this. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a very serious problem and this game does nothing to help prevent it, when it easily can be changed to do so.