QOL You'd Like to See

Personal loot makes items drop 8 times more often in 8players game. Huge change of drop chances imho.

5 Likes

I believe you’re thinking of D1.

In D2 you can customize your Skills’ key-bindings. Although, the only visual “hotbar” was left mouse button and right mouse button.

That can be taken care of by only allowing a set number of Set/Unique items from a drop that is randomly given to specific group members like WoW’s personal loot does. Problem is it wouldn’t feel good initially, though it would stop the ninja looting and force players to trade properly if they wanted to share.

The question here is do the benefits of a personal loot system outweight the let down of not getting anything if you aren’t among the 1-3 lucky groupies that got an item? As much as I hate ninja looting, I’d probably have to say the cons outweigh the pros here.

Was probably mentioned already, but we need another inventory tab for charms. Charms will be active only when placed in that tab, and nothing but charms can be placed there.
There, we kept the game balance intact, and solved the QoL problems charms introduced in the first place, when we had to choose between comfort and player power.

17 Likes

The point of charms and losing space to pick up items is you must weigh in with what you are willing to sacrifice.

I hope this does not change actually.

There is no real “encumbrance” in this game so the charms taking up inventory space is in a way like encumbrance.

Ive played other mods that change it to where you have mass inventory space and its just too much. You can run full inv of charms with virtually no repercussions

8 Likes

oh god i completely forgot about the STUPID drop trading XD.

1 Like

I think instanced loot would be a nice change.

9 Likes

Ill get a lot of hate for this, but remember the old game is not going anywhere.

Some balance changes where needed
A 4th difficulty that is all the same level
No level requirements for skills and no prereq requirements.
Stackable gems/runes
Instance loot for Runes
Dedicated Charm slots
Skill bar or some easy way to hotkey abilities.
Level 100 cap because I am OCD
Tone down immunities

6 Likes

I’d love to see ladder rune words make it to single player, and for gems/runes to be stackable. I just think if the goal is to remove the need for mules, then stackable gems/runes is just a furtherance of that goal.

18 Likes

Yeah I fired up an Amazon a few months ago and completely forgot how much I used to portal back to town just to get more arrows/bolts. Or fill the inventory with them.

3 Likes
  • Infinite respec (free or via gold)

This is non-negotiable for me.

1 Like

Auto map reveal after you killed the boss on that dificulty !

4 Likes

nobody is weighing anything it’s always a full inventory of charms(+cube for pve) in the end-game build. And you end up running with open inventory and picking up items with ur cursor and putting them in cube, just unnecessary problems, charms were flawed design in the first place.

10 Likes

I leave 4x4 open spots and have cube in my inventory as well as 1 tome of ID and TP.

You just don’t want to compromise or cant stand the consequence of having a inventory full of charms.

having a full inventory + a full inventory of usable charm space is wishing to have your cake and eat it to.

just NO.

3 Likes

there is no compromise, it’s always a full inventory of charms if you’re going for a competent build. You think you made some unique decision by running that? No, it’s the only way it’s supposed to be played, that punishes people for no reason. Player power should not come at the cost of quality of life. Having entire free inventory tab does not affects balance, it doesn’t affects anything but QoL.

12 Likes

I can’t laugh at your entitlement enough man.

You don’t NEED to run those charms to survive.( an inventory full)

You just want maximum benefit with no sacrifices, that’s childish when you can’t be bothered with having to resort to a compromise.

I play HC and don’t feel it a need to have my inventory full of crap just to progress, I don’t need 9x grands with + skills to brutalize mobs,

11 Likes

my entitlement? It’s the BiS build, it’s how it is supposed to be played. I play HCL and did the 99 grinds, you do need those charms “to brutalize” solo 8 ppl CS + nihla, before the w2.
In the end every competent player will run full inventory of charms, and the argument that some incompetent players would “compromise” their player power to be able to pick up more gems on their way, is laughable.

12 Likes

The ability to purchase more personal tabs with gold or something like that… so far we get 1 personal and 1 shared but there’s definitely room for more.

3 Likes

and we cant help but laugh at your arrogance, asking for a quality of life improvement is arrogance?
there IS no balance change.
the mere fact u brought up “hardcore” and implied we “need charms to survive” shows how ignorant you are on the topic.

that’s the same stupid “i play hardcore so I’m better” BS attitude why most softcore players cringe when they talk to HC players.

the game is a softcore game. “hardcore” itself is just some BS mode becuase you guys pretend to be “hardcore” but you need to have “your own separate server” were u cant interact with players who have died becuase u cant bring your self to delete a character once it died, and yet somehow find the nerve to try to “lord it over” us.
we say it doesn’t affect balance BECAUSE
Drumroll
IT DOESN’T FREAKING AFFECT BALANCE YOU COMPLETE UTTER NITWIT.

are u “scared” that other players “might” want to pick up items? you think the fact that. oh in hardcore we run tons of Life charms because we don’t want to die. and we sacrificing quality of life to improve stop us from not dying?

here some news you need to understand
NOBODY FREAKING DOES THAT.
literally EVERYONE runs a FULL inventory of charms. if the have the skillers
except maybe MF chars because its pretty pointless as u can mf pretty much everything in the game without them and it makes the runs faster to not go to town and sell stuff more than once at the start or end.

NOBODY is “making a choice” or a hard decision to see if they want to runs charms or have more inventory space. literally every single person with half a brain cell with pick running full charms in 99.9% of scenarios if they have the charms to spare.

the mere fact u think its because “we don’t want to die” is completely laughable.
its becuase we are going to have a full set of charm ANYWAYS. regardless if they add inventory space or not. so why not actually have a place to pick up items that we dont benefit from charms in so we actually have a place to store the stuff we find in a game.

again your are coming up with some comepltly BS senario that doesn’t exist in d2. there IS no " hard decision to be made on if you want more gear spaces or more charms… if u have the charm and its a good charm. u use it…
the end… there is no " weighing options", you go for the charm over the inventory space EVERY TIME, becuase charm makes u stronger and QOL is nice, but every single person will take “stronger” over “quality of life”

13 Likes

lmao triggered?

its about compromise. im not the one who acted like an inventory of chars was needed to get anywhere,

If HC players can get by without it there isnt much excuse to have your cake and eat it to, guess you dont get it,

2 Likes