QoL Suggestion for Sentry - Guardian Turret

Hello Blizz,

Every season or so i enjoy climbing the Hardcore Seasonal leaderboard playing the Sentry Build with Natalya and Marauder Sets (typicaly called N6M4). One of the Runes for Sentry, Guardian Turret is described as follows:

Creates a shield around the Turret that reduces damage taken by allies by 25%.

The problem is that this ‘blue bubble’ easy enough to see for the ‘caster’ himself… but can only be seen by the DH that casted it; any other allies will see a barely visible white sentry totem lost in a sea of monsters and other skills and particle effects. Makes it very difficult for the allies to position themselve inside the appropriate ~40yds radius circle when playing in a group setting. Also causes even more of a challenge to manage the Hatred ressource.

Could we possibly have a minimum of shiny visual effect that the Allies would be able to see around each of the 5 available Sentries always ‘following’ the DH around? Systems like this already exists inside the game… I’m thinking Oculus Ring or s18 Triune type of circle with a pre-defined color or anything else similar to make it stand out more. Also makes it much easier for the caster to manage his Hatred pool and the position of said turrets.

I would like to read your input on this, thanks.

Toning down other players pets/companions (sentries) is intentional. They create a huge amount of visual noise and it was a change players requested.

I play a ZDH with Guardian Turrets quite often.

I’s my job to place my sentries on oculus circles and my DPS friends. If one of my group is an up close and personal monster killer, then I might ask them to wear wings so I can see them and cover as necessary.

2 Likes