Pylon damage effects don't refresh s19 stacks

So, I tested speed and conduit pylons as relates to the seasonal bonus stacking mechanic.

The speed and conduit pylon damaging effects do not refresh the stack count when they hit enemies.
However, if they happen to kill enemies, this will add one to, and refresh stack count.

This seems a bit inconsistent. I consider these as hits coming from the character or player, and am expecting them to refresh the seasonal bonus.

Even if this is not what is intended, there should be a notation in the patch notes detailing why this is happening.

I haven’t played the seasonal buff yet, but, from a game mechanics standpoint, it should act exactly the same way as Gogok would. Any ability with proc-coefficient != 0 should maintain the stacks (and proc Gogok) and any ability with proc-coefficient = 0 should not have an effect.

As long as you don’t want Conduit to proc Area Damage or stack Stricken for you, this seems consistent.

1 Like

Hmm, great point about the proc coefficient.

I suppose the inconsistency comes (in my mind) when comparing the seasonal kill streak bonus to one such as Gogok is the wording in the patch notes and item description.

Gogok:

Gain Swiftness with every attack

vs

Seasonal Bonus:

all players will have a stacking buff that persists as long as you have hit or killed a monster within the last 5 seconds

In my mind, “attack” and “hit” are very different, and conduit and speed fit into the category of being able to hit another enemy, originating as an effect on the hero.

Though, perhaps i’m out of my element. :thinking: off base. :sweat_smile: or just plain tired. :tired_face:

NOTE: Edited the OP. Meant “hit” but wrote “attack” when describing. yikes, that’ll confuse.

EDIT2: I suppose we’ll have to test nephalem glory too eh? :laughing: