Puzzled by jewellery and legendary gem recommendation

I have been building my Inarius gear for my necromancer according to Icy Veins guide. It recommends The Traveler’s Pledge, The Compass Rose, Krysbin’s Sentence. So far so good, I have these. I then checked the legendary gems and have been working on upgrading them BUT I don’t understand this - the above jewellery cannot use the recommended legendary gems or indeed any legendary gems because they have no slot. I haven’t been able to find a way to get a slot into unsocketed jewellery. It’s not just icy veins, all the guides seem to recommend these or similar unslotted jewellery and recommend certain legendary gems but don’t explain how to use them. What am I not getting?
Can anyone explain this/have any suggestions please?

Visit the Mystic in town.
Select her Enchanting tab.
Put your jewellery item in.
It will show all the affixes that the item has.
Select a primary affix and click the ? on the right.
That will show you all the possible affixes that it could have instead.
You can then pay the materials / gold costs to re-roll the affix you have selected.
This will offer you three possible affixes, i.e. the existing one and two new ones.
Keep re-rolling until you’re offered a socket as one of the affixes and select that.

thank you for your reply. I’ll keep rolling then, fingers crossed

It can get aggravating (and pricey) at times, just don’t smash your monitor if it takes 10, 15, 20 tries to get it.

1 Like

Yeah, seems RNGeezus flipped you the bird this round.

Keep at it. It will roll… eventually.

1 Like

Make sure you are re-rolling a primary property, not a secondary one. If you chose a secondary property to re-roll, then you are screwed and are simply wasting your time and crafting materials.