Puzzle Ring and Goblin Spawns

I recently acquired the legendary item, “Puzzle Ring.” Shortly after equipping it, I have noticed that at seemingly random times at least 10 goblins of any type (excluding rainbow and menangerist so far) will spawn right in front of me.
When I say they spawn in front of me, it is as if they appear out of the ground/multiply from the treasure goblin that collects regular items for me. This has so far only happened outside of rifts, and just now happened twice in one session as I was completing bounties (I am on Torment III difficulty).
I tried to find out what was causing this as this is not listed as an effect on the item description in-game or on the Diablo wiki. If the Puzzle Ring is not causing this, does anyone know what could be?

You just got lucky and ran into a couple of goblin packs. They are rare, and can occur in Nephalem rifts and out in the wild (Adventure Mode only). They have nothing to do with the Puzzle ring.

BTW, don’t salvage the puzzle ring. Put it in the cube by itself and click the Transmute button to open a Vault.

3 Likes

Since you were not in rifts, this might be due to hitting a Bandit pylon. These pylons will spawn a gob pack.

If i cube the puzzle ring, do i lose the ring?

Yes. Using puzzle ring to open vault portal, the ring will be consumed.

You can cube the Puzzle Ring to extract its Legendary Power and you will lose the Ring, but gain the Legendary Power in Kanai’s Cube1.

You can Transmute the Puzzle Ring by itself (no Mats or other items) to open a Portal to The Vault, as Maskraider stated. This also destroys the Ring.

1 Most players don't extract the Puzzle Rings' Legendary Power and only use them for Vault runs. I only mention it because it is an option.

Yep, the only reason to extract the legendary power from a Puzzle is to fill in the empty cube space. Most would never do this with a seasonal character, it is more a non season collectors thing.

In line with what everyone else has said the extra:

• While it’s likely that you have done it by now, the reason to destroy the puzzle ring early, is to radically increase your gold and get the gem ‘Boon of the Hoarder’ on killing Greed for the first time.

EDIT:

Have a look at Perusoe’s levelling guide for next season and check the link in it to the levels where legendary’s drop in D3 planner. There you can work out when the better time is to open a portal. Greed rarely fails to drop a legendary unless too early - you are more likely to get the poison pants if too early. So if you time it right, around the level where what you may want is around the level you are at, your odds of something decent dropping are better.

2 Likes

Once I finally got my puzzle ring I hit transmute my pc power was cut off. I didn’t go in the vault and I lost the ring. Is it possible that I can get a second puzzle ring ?? Of Soo where can I farm it ?? I have zero bloodshards I’m very low lvl player. I’m lvl 70 paragon 25

Puzzle rings are a random drop, so you will eventually get another one if you keep playing.

I wouldn’t spend shards on jewelry or weapons unless all your other gear is good. You get more “bang for the buck (or in this case, shards)” by gambling for items that only cost 25 shards.

There are some really good goblin runs online and there used to be some on the forums. This is where you can get rainbows, normals gelatinous etc etc - The odds on spawning a portal into the Greed realm are not great but hey do seem to have a modicum of consistency, in that they do randomly spawn portals. You may get a cow level in the process too.

As for getting another puzzle ring the Kanai’s reforge (3rd one using yellow rings) is one way, but there are no guarantees either. The other thing is that by farming goblins being that if you do not have all the possible pets, you should get some menagerist goblins which drop the pets rune (Pick up the rune, then in your inventory, right-click to add). You possibly already know this but just in case.

Google “Goblin farming D3” on youtube, you should get a fair bit come up. :slight_smile:
Cheers

here is one link to a goblin run in the various Acts I-V.

Yes you will find more puzzle rings.

Necroing 1 year old posts is frowned upon. Create a new thread instead.

They should consider removing threads older than 6 months from the search engine. This seems to be how it occurs.

1 Like

But it won’t stop Google Search returns posts of many years old.

1 Like

Yes, you’re probably right and I’m going to stop saying anything more because it will only delay the thread fading into obscurity.