Pursists should have minimal influence on D2R

I think that’s probably true. No one ever traded away a Ber to make room. It might affect the lower runes but those are already pretty much free anyway.

1 Like

BlizzConline 2021 - Diablo II: Resurrected Deep Dive - YouTube this is the video im referring to. its a long one so im trying to comb specifically for the bug part.

I know its not going to be exactly the same obviously, some of the changes were announced early on.

only person i saw mention any thing about bugs in that video after rewatching it yet again was the one guy who doesn’t work for blizzard and is just asking questions saying that some pathing bugs are part of what make the game for him.

Yeah you’re right, I thought it was in this video. I guess its not worth saying because I don’t have the source material, but I could swear I saw a video with a developer mentioning bugs carrying over

On the one hand you have statements like this.

What a moron.

Then on the other

Good quote by the way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

PURISTS ARE THE REASON D2 GOT A REMASTER.

If it wasn’t for them and their continued interest in a 20 year old game, nobody at Blizzard would’ve thought this remaster made any business sense.

7 Likes

No, the success of the Diablo franchise as a whole with D3 players being the largest percentage of players who have been playing for the last 9+ and the fact that there isn’t a release date for D4 and it’s projected to be years away is why their is a new Diablo game in the mean time like D2R. There hasn’t been any new Diablo games for pc/console for over 9 years and won’t be for over a decade after a new diablo game is launch. A D2 remaster is a great way to sell easy content to close this gap since they are can copy the source code to save time and money. PC players complained that Diablo Immortal wasn’t coming to PC and after Blizzard responded acknowledging that PC players didn’t want to play a new Diablo on cellphones, this is their response to Diablo Immortals for mobile phones. The initial release date of Diablo Immortals was pushed back from 2021 to 2022. There is a reason why they did this so they didn’t release the game the same time frame as D2R. :wink:

2 Likes

Amen. I found out late about the D2R because I haven’t been playing many videogames lately. Read about the changes. Sort of bummed about them taking out ebug and wsg, but I guess I get it. Gold pickup irks me but I’ll get over it. Characters not expiring is probably what bums me out the most, I’m gonna have to delete my own dudes when I want a fresh start, who wants to do that?

Seems like a lot of people just played the game for a little while at some point in the past… and they got so pissed about missing Baal run unique drops due to slow hands or playing distracted that they quit, and now they think that D2R is their chance to make the game “fair” for how they wanna play it.

These people wanted to “do something” about the hostile system and PKs too.

Kinda reminds me of the people who want an EZ mode for games like Dark Souls.

:fist:t2: PURISTS

2 Likes

Since ladder restarts will be less than 6 months, why do you need to do that and just not player ladders?

Since ladder restarts will be less than 6 months, why do you need to do that and just not player ladders?

I play ladder and nonladder. Generally my nonladder characters are very rich, and they get richer every time a season ends. Now I will always have my rich rich nonladders. I don’t hop into seasons late.

If you don’t like it, play a different game. The old, laggy, bot-ridden, and incorrectly configured servers being replaced along with graphical overhaul is what was promised to actual D2 fans.

5 Likes

Is Q-Anon a Diablo guild also? Can’t even go on a gaming forum without running in to conspiracy nutjobs these days.

You are the only one who is mentioning that stuff, I checked, checked again and again, yet the only person mentioning that stuff is you bro.

Did you not read the quoted text?.. Wait, what am I saying? clearly you didn’t read the quoted text. Politics don’t belong on a Diablo forum.

Yes I did, but the only mention of conspiracies and this ridiculous Q stuff, came from you, nobody else.

No, clearly you didn’t.

Sure I did, the only mention of all this Q stuff came from you, nobody else, maybe you should reread it?

Ok, if we go by that logic, then “There’s already a game out that does exactly what you want, and it’s called PoD or PD2”

insert “my logic is undeniable” meme

1 Like

D3 has my cow portals? :open_mouth:

Sure you did.

My point stands that nobody needs to be making sideways political comments on this forum. Especially comments that are alluding to gross misinformation and nonsense conspiracy theories. I get enough of that on Reddit, Twitter and Facebook. This is a Diablo discussion thread.

3 Likes