Pursists should have minimal influence on D2R

This kind of stuff is just childish and creates a toxic atmosphere. Whether we agree or not we shouldn’t be attacking each other.

When you do something just think whether or not it helps to make a positive or negative environment for others.

I’m going to say politely if I think something is negative because I want the environment to be positive for everybody - it’s also in the ToS.

The OP was a well written post with bullet point ffs.

This is so true and I’ve said the same thing before… and it’s all that needs to be said, really.

I’m open to many changes, some weird… for example I just posted that’d I think it’d be cool to have 1.08 items drop in ladder, which I’m sure most would be against.

I’m ok with minor balance changes, additional content, you name it. However, I don’t support personal-loot.

I’m just one person though. Everybody has different ideas of what changes should be in the game.

With that said, I actually want changes… even though I’d bet people on here think I’m a “purist”, it’s just that this whole idea people have perpetuated on here that this is a black and white issue, one side vs another, is not true. It’s not that simple.

They’re saying somebody should be excluded from any input into the game simply because they want it to remain how it was. This is definitively going to create a toxic atmosphere - which is against ToS.

His opinion isn’t wrong though, purists are the minority and do not determine the monetary success of the game from their customer game purchases.

they said the old game was running underneath they didn’t say they wouldn’t change anything in fact they said the opposite and did that, 28 Changes In D2: Resurrected [+More Post-Launch] for examples.

They also said they would fix some bugs and leave some in not sure where you got the keep all of the bugs thing.

yeah that is virtually impossible given the confines of 24 hour days and human needs for sleep/food/waste management.

1 Like

See my post on the ToS that I just made. I’m just pointing out the rules.

Please stop derailing threads with spam about your forum virtues and the lack thereof in others. I just want to have a dialogue about the thread topic but I keep running into your spam.

Report and move on. You don’t have to turn the thread into your personal blog about it.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right I don’t want to derail the thread so I will stop talking about it now.

1 Like

that’s not what minimal influence is, that is what zero influence is.

it’s also a personal opinion on a suggestion forum.

edited because a post happened right before mine that solved part of it

1 Like

“purist” really just means someone that likes 1.14d and doesn’t want new patches. In actuality, those that want the game to be like it was, would demand constant balance changes because that’s what the game experienced for the first 10 years.

Just because someone really likes a patch does that mean that patch should last forever for everybody. Blizzard should continue development and there’s no reason that they should permanently end it at 1.14d.

The overwhelming majority of players desire some sort of update to the game like back before it became abandoned. Most of the players that do not want changes are relatively new and never saw any changes.

I think they should split the realms into 2 to be honest. Give one server updates, balancing, and new content and keep the other one at 1.14d for the ultra purists that don’t want anything else. I personally want updates though.

3 Likes

Understood, thanks for the post and your thoughts!

1 Like

That’s my preferred option too. If the changes suck then it doesn’t effect the core experience as it has been for a long time now.

1 Like

Moral of the story is that stacking runes won’t inflate the in game economy. No need to add real world examples to convince you. Nor do I care to explain macro economics to a random disgruntled/contradictory person on a game forum.

It likely won’t happen anyways. But I’m hopeful of the change down the line.

2 Likes

I think that’s probably true. No one ever traded away a Ber to make room. It might affect the lower runes but those are already pretty much free anyway.

1 Like

BlizzConline 2021 - Diablo II: Resurrected Deep Dive - YouTube this is the video im referring to. its a long one so im trying to comb specifically for the bug part.

I know its not going to be exactly the same obviously, some of the changes were announced early on.

only person i saw mention any thing about bugs in that video after rewatching it yet again was the one guy who doesn’t work for blizzard and is just asking questions saying that some pathing bugs are part of what make the game for him.

Yeah you’re right, I thought it was in this video. I guess its not worth saying because I don’t have the source material, but I could swear I saw a video with a developer mentioning bugs carrying over