Pursists should have minimal influence on D2R

Did you not read the quoted text?.. Wait, what am I saying? clearly you didn’t read the quoted text. Politics don’t belong on a Diablo forum.

Yes I did, but the only mention of conspiracies and this ridiculous Q stuff, came from you, nobody else.

No, clearly you didn’t.

Sure I did, the only mention of all this Q stuff came from you, nobody else, maybe you should reread it?

Ok, if we go by that logic, then “There’s already a game out that does exactly what you want, and it’s called PoD or PD2”

insert “my logic is undeniable” meme

1 Like

D3 has my cow portals? :open_mouth:

Sure you did.

My point stands that nobody needs to be making sideways political comments on this forum. Especially comments that are alluding to gross misinformation and nonsense conspiracy theories. I get enough of that on Reddit, Twitter and Facebook. This is a Diablo discussion thread.

3 Likes

Plooters should have minimal influence on D2R

Simply put: if plooters are unable to cope with being too slow to loot, and are purely d3 fans like they show themselves to be, they can just go play the original d3, D2R’s integrity shouldnt be ruined by their bias.

end troll

bs aside the thing that makes changes suck, is that all the ppl who have wanted the remaster will have it for however long they decide to keep it vanilla, and then once it updates were all fecked and forced to go back to d2 original since d2r is on the bnet client and there will be no way to play they way we want with the updated graphics/community ever again.

at the very very least, dont change the core anything launch or for even a year. Once a year has passed, re-evaluate peoples opinions, see who has actually stuck around and then maybe we do a thing like OSRS (old school runescape) does, where you have to prove you play the game (have a lvled 300 or so skillpoints character to be allowed to vote) and the votes to change the game require 70% player base approval.

turn that into, you have to have a lvl 80 character and you can vote on potential changes, and keep it community driven.

Idk, i wish they would have a system to play old patches for the bnet client the way d2 has standalone patches rn but would continue server support for them, i guess kind of like wow classic for if/when plooters turn this into d3 lite

2 Likes

u could not make ur self looking more clown…

all this time spended here u could been developing playing skills…like click click!

eh…back to reality mayby? we have already seen that it’s minority plotters and that all

1 Like

Simply just make two versions with two servers running.
1st: No change. “Purist”.
2nd: Changes (that have been surveyed with community) put it on a PTR for testing, then put on another live server. This is the Diablo 2 Resurrected expansion. Lots of potential for growth. I would buy a expansion for D2R with changes.

PS: Back in the day with Diablo 2 expansion release. So many complaints that Diablo 2 changed forever, they kept servers for Diablo 2 running and had Diablo 2 LOD running at the same time. Everyone was happy.

You’re not going to get anywhere with some of these people, but keep it up. There’s nothing inherently wrong with any of your suggestions.

1 Like

i think the best course is to just continue patching the game as was done in the past. balance changes to class skills, reworking skill synergies and more useless rune words, adding a few more now and then, tweaks to mercs (making other act mercs as viable as act 2 mercs) ect ect
nothing major just a continuation of the direction the original was going.

i do think there should be a menu option on the title screen to always be able to toggle back to 1.14d to preserve where the last patch for original ended back in 2016 and always keep it playable even if only in a non ladder context.

nothing worse than going the wc3R route where the original was destroyed to make way for the new…

this wont even be the longest drought in major patches 1.13 to 1.14 was 6 years 1.14 to launch of d2r 1.15 is 5 and a half.

2 Likes

Excellent excellent point

1 Like

seeing lots and lots of players that dont. Lets see what happens

I don’t believe any of your post, sounds like made up trolling.
First post on the boards, a week before release?
And a big fan, lol.
Don’t think so.
Btw, this game was made for the purists, not D3 gamers.

This premise has always been so idiotic because most of the point of D2R has been to make D2 playable again via beautiful redone graphics and a stronk network. People who want to play D2 again - ie people who dont want deep changes to the game - stopped playing it for the most part because of D2’s dated, eyesore graphics. The entire point of D2R is to be able to actually play D2 again - meaning having a nice thing to look at. D2 has never been an option, which is why D2R began in the first place, melonholes.

1 Like

Purists should have maximal influence on D2R, who agrees?

3 Likes

I mean, I’m a purist when it comes to the art. I don’t like the departure from the essence of what the characters are in favor of social agendas. But I advocate for balance patches and timed loot assignment. I want item filters, and rune/gem stacking. Trade tabs as well.

2 Likes

I agree with you. I will play the game, as it looks amazing apart from the awful char changes, and have come around to thinking that future balance patches would be beneficial overall for the longevity of the game. The useless skills could do with a makeover especially.

1 Like