Purpose of the UE Set in 2.7.2?

Since M6 Multishot in 2.7.2 will be the strongest DH build, I’m afraid that the UE Set is going to lose its purpose entirely, so shouldn’t this Set also get a buff?

1 Like

UE6 hasn’t had a purpose since Gears of Dreadlands came out in PTR 2.6.9 – May 2020.

Maybe we’ll see this set buffed in a future patch?

All they need to do is give UE6 5.7-6.5x damage and pinpoint certain skills:

Unhallowed Essence 6pc
Your Vault, Grenade, Chakram, Elemental Arrow and Multishot deal 2000% increased damage for every point of Discipline you have.

If they don’t want to frontload the UE 6pc so much, they can spread that damage to another item that cannot fit in M6 Multishot.

For those who want to see Dawn become an optional item, a NEW weapon or quiver can be created for UE6 Multishot that offers ~250% damage.

So it’s either:

UE 6pc Bonus: 2000% per point of Discipline (+11GRs)

or

UE 6pc Bonus: 1000% per point of Discipline (+6GRs)

Calamity: Multishot deals 250% increased damage to enemies that are marked for death. Automatically cast Marked for Death when you damage an enemy. (+7GRs)

It’s clearly better than Dawn, you just cube it and deal with the Vengeance downtime. The hatred can be offset by selecting the Mortal Enemy rune which returns 4 hatred per hit.

Use this as opportunity to fix the Calamity bug, while restoring UE6 back to an A+ Tier build.

4 Likes

Pretty much. I was sad to see this as well, as UE is my favorite set and multishot is one of my favorite skills to use. I’m somewhat hoping the mid PTR patch changes shake things up a bit.

What do you think about just buffing the 4pc bonus for both damage and some additional toughness?

Mortal Enemy is effected by the skills proc coef, so you’re getting back far less than 1 hatred per MS shot. Vengeance attacks, however, does a nice job with mortal enemy.

DH is pretty strong already with GoD. Marauder and Shadow sets are getting buffs too.

Dont ask too much:
Wiz got a nerf.
Monk none for this season.
Necro got a very small buff with Rathma - not even worth a push
Barb got some love.
Sader got nothing.
WD got clunky spider set

I think the point is that some of our buffs inherently steps on the toes of other things and/or robs the identity of other set/builds. MS marauder kills N6/M4 (as it should), but overshadows UE6’s main job. The S6 buffs are nice, but not it’s single target killing power is relatively weaker, resulting in the only viable set of the 3 (M6, GoD6, S6) that needs stricken to kill the RG, which is ironic given the fact that S6 is suppose to be the single target king.

• Agreed on wizard, though were OP for past 2 seasons
  • Monk is strongest class in game by a significant margin
  • Necro is in the top 3 for strongest solo builds in the game with the new Rathma
  • Barb is the most “balanced” class in the game in terms of solo build options
  • Sader may not have received anything, but always remains strong
  • WD’s spider set is a good concept, just poor output and playstyle. Will get fixed next patch.
1 Like

The 4pc bonus can only go so far, it can’t exceed 80% without approaching DR immunity, they might need to splice the offense and defense as separate percentage values.

There are a few things to be careful about.

1. UE6 Hungering Arrow, which is about 8GRs behind GoD6.

2. N6UE4 hybrid, because with all of that defense/offense it fits almost perfect to buff Rapid Fire temporarily for 8 seconds making for some nice bursts. Which could actually make for more active game play with CoE.

3. S2UE4 FoK can also become a thing too, but there is plenty of room for growth.

I think the danger zone is when UE4 exceeds 150% damage. UE4 can exist as 150% damage / 75% DR. If they want to restrict UE4’s benefit to the set itself they can change it to buff max discipline instead of damage.

Toughness is greatly welcomed for UE6’s other skills like Grenades, which doesn’t benefit from Yang’s RCR inadvertent DR boost.

If the goal is to restore F&R + CoE, efffectively dropping CC3, then by all means go ahead and manipulate UE4.

I personally would like to play UE6 Grenades with supercharged Danetta’s xBows. That build uses F&R and RoRG to equip Depth Diggers. Toughness is welcomed.

Hi Astig, we have to get all of these sets to GR140+, there is still a lot of work to do on UE6, LoN and to some degree N6 because 140 isn’t obtainable with 5k paragon.

All classes are going through this upgrade process which is awesome.

Crusaders need Rolands, Seekers and to a small extent Invokers buffed.

Once the sets are done, it becomes a matter of tuning and incorporating skills that are underperforming.

I’m not asking for anything, at least not what you think. My point was that the UE Set is primary a Multishot Set and the new M6 Multishot build is a lot stronger than the UE version, so that the UE Set loses its main purpose.

Wizard’s DMO uses Frozen Orb, so does Tal Rasha…

Barb’s IK uses HOTA, so does Raekor.
There was a time IK WW was better than Waste WW too.

Necro’s Pestilence uses Land of the Dead and Corpse Lance, so does Traq.

Monk’s POJ uses TR; SWK can too. Then came Inna making better use of TR to proc Zodiac.

I suppose they could boost Grenades. I used to enjoy some UE/Grenades.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t get too caught up in the all-or-nothingness of UE6 Multishot – it’s all repairable.

As long as a Set, which is specifically designed for a skill, is stronger than any other set version for the same skill (or at least when they are equally strong), then it’s fine, it would make sense. But M6 MS will be at least 10 riftlevels stronger than UE MS, lol. That’s an issue.

1 Like

I think the devs really need a good think about the purpose of the UE and M6 sets. For me, UE set is one where you do the damage (esp at a range) and M6 is one where your sentries do the damage.

From that point of view, I really think they need to:

1. Add CA to the UE set. As it is, the CA Cluster Bomb build is no longer viable with M6 as the sentries don’t take advantage of the Hellcat Waistguards.
  2. Balance EA around M6… EA lacks AOE which having them fire from sentries would solve.
  3. Add Chakram to S6… as many players have said in the past, the Chakram and its support legs synergises with the theme of the S6 set.

I’m personally happy for DH’s sets to be:

• UE: the ranged set where you do damage
  • M6: the traps set where your sentries do damage
  • S6: the melee weapon/strong single target set
  • GoD: the spin to win set
  • Nats: the generic, jack of all trades/master of some set (excelling in channeling ala Rapid Fire, and Nuking… needs some work there)
5 Likes

Yes. I fully agree. You see the whole picture and the nuances of each skill and set.

It is better to look at the sets for what they do, rather than to make a 1:1 relationship between sets and skills.

2 Likes