PTR Thank you for ALL of the DH, Necro changes!

I asked you because you said that Nev told me I was wrong. I wanted to see if you could provide an explanation. I have previously asked her and more generally on the forum about the counter-intuitive dichotomy in season/non-season clears. As of yesterday, she has provided an explanation that the datasets that they used were 2 weeks old (seasons) and presumably 3 weeks old for era 12/patch 2.6.7a. As such, these young datasets created issues where later inspection of the data is more reliable. Also, she mentioned the complications they have due to differences in class popularity that affect their analysis.

My analysis used more mature datasets. I only looked at non-seasons. I used multiple metrics, including ones that accounted in part for differences in class popularity (this is a difficult issue to deal with).

Actually you are a little off on you analogy. Paragon is more like practicing driving and putting in golf. Do it long enough you get really good at it. I am sure that golf courses have putting areas to practice your putting as well as driving ranges to practice driving. Doing both will give you good results like paragon.

Besides gold isn’t really a great analogy anyway. Simply because both players would be doing the same thing.

Paragon is not the end all be all of GR clears and you know it. Otherwise each rank on the leader boards would be in numerical order, and I know that it isn’t. I have looked at them many times. Time and time again I have seen that it isn’t in numerical order. You have to account for factors such as rng on gear. A player with higher paragon doesn’t necessarily mean that they will have better gear. Then there is the luck of the draw in getting that sweet rift to clear.

Even though you know that skill matters and the rankings are not in numerical order which is good. There is more to the top tier GR clears than just paragon. And paragon along won’t make up for subpar gear, gem levels, low augments, or lack of experience at playing the top tiered GRs.

I was just stating why it was put in the game. No intentions on derailing the thread. I will eventually put a comment in that thread as well as any additional comments here that I figure is needed.

Unless someone tells you that they have multiple accounts then there is no way of knowing for sure whether or not all of those accounts are owned by the same person. That is unless the profile says the person has multiple accounts. That is something that may have been added that I have forgotten about. So please inform me how it is shown on your profile page.

If you are going by the fact that a person hides their profile as evidence of the same person owning those accounts that is insufficient evidence. Because you are arguing that he is the only one in the entire would of posters that would do that. I am sure that one poster from another thread could probably calculate the odds of him being the only one to do that.

Right now the profile feature for everyone’s characters isn’t working atm. Don’t know when it will be back up again.

True, that is why there is the saying; “Figures don’t lie, but liars figure.”

Compare the size of the dev team that is working on this game along with the fact that the dev team currently working on this game have other things on their plate.

This game is not handled by a team of devs that only work on this game. This game is now in the hands of the classic game team. They have a lot of things on their plate such as this game and at least Warcraft 3 reforged.

Shrink the size of the dev team at GGG and have it where they are working on more than PoE and see just how much they will be able to do in the same time period. It is easy to do what they are doing since the dev team for that game is bigger than this one and they are working only on one game.

1 Like

Fact is, he got multiple accounts.
Fact is, none of those 2 other profiles responded/stopped posting when he used his main account to post.
Fact is, they also stopped posting when I called them out, not answering to the question at hand.

With more practice, you should develop more skill and experience to improve your performance. Overall performance also requires skill, hand eye coordination, etc… In diablo, playing more means acquiring more XP and getting better gear through more RNG rolls. Paragon gives additional benefits above >800 paragon in main stat the essentially increases both offence and defense. In golf, more offense is like playing on a shorter course and more defense is like having less sand trap, etc… to deal with.

1 Like

Just because an account hasn’t posted in a while or doesn’t post when another account is posting isn’t good enough evidence. Like I said you would need the person that owns more than one account to tell you that they do own more than one account and give their battletag info on the other alt accounts.

Fact is I value my privacy.

I do not use my real name or initials as my battetag or my twitter handle or other publicly facing websites when I can avoid it. I avoid talking specifics about my profession, where I live, health status (physical and mental), etc…

I may mention some music preference or vagueness about my age since I admit to playing the original diablo but I tend to be reserved in what details of my private life I give out.

If you look, half of ~25 trust level 3 posters have hidden forum profiles. I assume this in part, because of the requirement to earn it through the forum requirements that include reading 20,000 posts over 100 day rolling average. No one can hide their post history, because of the search function or character profile because battletags are not hidden.

1, those 2 other accounts were hidden. Those 2 other accounts has never replied after 2-3 comments and were called out. If they were in fact other persons, why did they suddenly stop? Why did they write just after I wrote about ignoring the main person? … There is more to it than simply “they stopped posting”.

I just love when someone don’t get it, what being ignored means.

1 Like

Let’s assume that you are correct that those accounts are alts. It takes a few seconds to logout and back in to post using an alt account. Also, you can have multiple electronic devices. I have two laptop PCs that I own. One I bring back and forth to work while the other I leave at home. I also own two phones. Each could login to an alt account and theoretically possible to post on 4 accounts almost simultaneously.

The fact remains that crusaders are the top solo GR class in non-season in patch 2.6.7ab. Necromancers are the weakest with demon hunters second weakest In the current non-season.

In the last PTR, you are absolutely correct that the vast majority of barbs that posted insisted that I was misinformed and that there was no way the top clear would be greater than 143. I estimated GR 144-146. The top solo non-season barb clear in EU in era 12/patch 2.6.7ab is GR 146 with less than 10K paragon and in less than 14 minutes.

Are we back again in consparacy Theories ??
OK than lets go we got this! I got you covered!

I mean you got the evidence. You solved the mystery. I mean lets summarize the evidence, which combined by your mastermind lead to only one solution:

1. he got Hidden account
  2. the 2 other accounts were hidden too ( GOODWILLHUNT and SHADOWDRAGON)
  3. they didnt answered after you used their names in a topic!

I mean genius! They have to be MicroRNA

But i have to tell you that you know only a small part of the truth.

1. I am a Human, just like MicroRNA
  2. I live apperently on Earth, just like MicroRNA
  3. I need Air to breath and not to die, just like MicroRNA

The Bigger Secret you have still to find out.

OK i tell you because your Gazing view is burning.

I am MicroRNA too and in fact we are all a big humancentipad that is trying to conquer the universe.

MicroRNA, he got us pls burn all evidence.

On topic

Thank you for the answers and clarification, Nevalistis. I was quite happy to read the feedback of the developer in wizzard case. Just ~ 9 Month are pretty long time.

Just because an account hasn’t posted in a while or doesn’t post when another account is posting isn’t good enough evidence.

1 Like

The reasons why someone stops posting can be more than anyone could possibly think about. A person doesn’t have to reply to every post directed to them. They can stop posting entirely for a lot of different reasons. They might be playing this game. They could be busy playing other games. Or they just didn’t feel like gracing that reply with a comment. You would still have to get the person to tell you that they have alternate accounts and tell you the battletag of each account before you can truthfully declare they are his accounts. As far as I know they could be your alt accounts.

If you ever read, try go do it. Just reported for this. You are nothing but toxic and condescending.
Besides, the other 2 profiles vanished. He never replied they weren’t his either.

Or the fact that I am correct. This topic is 1, not replied nor heard from the other 2 accounts. The main person in questioning also deviates from the subject.

I report you for name calling without evidence.

i can Report for “reasons too” You have no evidence at all. and i just summerized your facts. Is it really “toxic and condescending” to tell what you are telling? So you wanna tell me that you are toxic ?

Those are not name calling. Those are opinions on your behavior. That is a seperate thing. Ignored from now on since you cannot keep it on a normal level and needs to be condescending.

Just because someone doesn’t deny it doesn’t mean that it is true. People can say all kinds of bad things about your family that aren’t true. The smart move is not to deny it or fight them. Most of the time the best thing to do is not to do anything at all. Because the person is picking for a fight when they do those things.

Doesn’t mean you are right either, there is no way of proving it unless they come out and say so in a reply here on the forums or tell you in person because you know them in real life.

I am correct, if I never proclaimed to know it. I stated facts which I was correct in. All 3 profiles are hidden. 2 of the other ones never replied after he began replying from his main account. None of them wrote back about the subject at all.
I even asked some times around if it was a fact, that it was his other profiles.

So I am correct in these things.

Let’s have an interesting logic puzzle.

Did you ever see the movie Labyrinth with the door riddle?

The rules are clear: there are two doors. One leads to the castle while the other to certain death. You may ask one question – to one guard – to help you decipher which door is the correct one. Sounds simple enough, but there’s a catch: one guard always lies, and one always tells the truth.

What question do you ask?

You have a fair point it is never perfect however you must seet the imperfections. I mean seriously how could a buff do such a big nerf. Blizzard must have spotted that way before and not publish that.
Let me give you an example. I am an engineer and if i made such a mistake in a report people could actually die

1 Like

The good thing is it is just a video game and not a more serious issue. Nev indicated that the season data was two weeks old and the non-season data was from a similar timeframe.

Patch 2.6.7a launched November 20 and season 19 started November 22. Therefore, the data was very early. She stated that they have and are continuing to look at later timepoints. Many people are finding it strange that barbs and witch doctors were equal in terms of solo power in non-season at 5K paragon using the early data.

My hope is that they continue to assess and are not intimidated to balance the game as appropriate.

First of all, I like D3 and wouldnt play any other in the long term just because @Nevalistis amd other blizzard employees are trying to do something good and listen the players. I want to thank all of them. However this still donot change my opinion about their mistake in the published data.
@MicroRNA i think that you’ve mistaken me with a hater. Well i most definetely am not. Just check my comment on wolcen release. I wanted to make this clear to you because when i make harsh comments its because i dont want to see blizzard making baby mistakes. Here is my response to you Micro ;

You read my post and do you think that i missed that point. Well i didnot. It doesnot matter when they took the data they had to see that data doesnot represent anything. They could have used other methods and not rely on that data. They actually said that they have other methods then whynot use more accurate table on the post. We are obviously gonna spot it. Do you think children play this game. Most of the players i met has university degrees and some of those are experts on their fields. We all know how to look at a data and Blizzard sharing a data like this , seems like they dont care and try to get it over with. I dont wanna see that in D3 thats why make harsh comments about this.

1 Like