PTR Rend; Devs did great & Careful with your feedback

To get this topic back on track they have made Wastes flexible. We had basically 2.5 builds (Crimson as the .5) that required a ridiculous level of specific rolls down to secondaries to work well. The highest performing version with Istvan’s is incredibly difficult to play or to even learn to get the hang of.

With the new changes you can do almost anything and it will work at a reasonable difficulty level. At Para 1150ish and no augments I was able to use things like; the BK set and Aquilla in the cube for toughness and no Fury worries, variations of Ambo+ other 1 handers equipped, 2 handers such as Furnace or IKBB equipped. And the biggest surprise to me Istvan’s with Fury of The Ancients in the cube for a super effective set of ‘training wheels’ for that play style. Together as One and the free Fury rune gave me both damage reduction and no Fury issues.

I’m sure it will shake out that there is only one “best” build for pushing, but as is there is now more than we have ever had for a variety of needs to get there.

I really want these changes to stay as is.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree with you more. I really tried to get WW to work with the new changes and I couldn’t. I exchanged CoE with SG, the results were horrendous. WW is just a bad skill by itself. The way that it’s operating is exy how I imagined it work from the get go.

WW is finally a BEAST!

You are whirlwinding and enemies are dying. Who cares if it’s because of Rend or not? The build is finally working, in 2019!

9 Likes

No I want a wet noodle and I want to slap em mobs with it. I wont cut them but I want to choke them with wet noodles. :smile:

3 Likes

They need to let it run for at least all of season 19 before they think they need to ‘fix’ anything. A one week PTR cannot spawn the same results as a full season .

3 Likes

Totally disagree with the fact that dh or wd would have clear it
Look at the layout first two minutes of rift only barb can manage it with flip, a dh / wd would have lost 2/3minutes to drag those elites i found early,or even leave them.
As EU player,i have 300ping on ptr, plus i had wrong rune on a skill. On live this is clearly 143/144 capable on open floor . Only bazooka wiz can do that kind of levels right now,considering chantodo nerf
That means ww is now in pair with a build which should be nerfed already,so…

3 Likes

Good to have your thoughts on the matter. There’s been a lot of speculation.

Can you tell me what you think about this?:

I think it is a bit of help like for meteor shower wizard, but not that big

You mean like having the Deathwish bonus active when the meteor strikes?

Wouldnt roll area on gear tho, attack speed was helping more for breakpoint and zodiac reset since i was really short without the wotb cd reduction passive

Nah i meant manual meteors before coe rotation only for extra ad procs. Did the same for rend

Ah ok. I guess what I was thinking is that with manual rend you are stacking up an AD bonus with the CoE bonus, which seems like it would be a lot of damage, whereas Ambo-Rend can’t proc AD.

This is an accurate statement and part of the challenge they’ll run into with balancing builds for barbarians these days, WW benefits greatly from being able to fit both Rage Flip and Flavor of Time into the same build. There’s no better skill in the game with regards to building density so it’s a shame if it ends up punishing us with regards to damage potential. A lot of the monster clears we’re seeing benefit from both although from what I understand you didn’t even wear a FoT for the 140 you finished.

You can’t have it all. Be thankful. Jeez

Didnt bother with fot since i dont have phys one. But even without fot i can do at least 143/4 on live, and fot would eventually add a +1/1.5tier on a rift rolled with good pilon order

Quick question. If the buff to ww/rend goes live as is, what is the top potential for this build in non-season?

Since you already cleared a 140 on the PTR, I assume it would be a couple greater rifts higher. The speculation from some is 143-144 with the perfect rift, fishing, and optimized gear.

We don’t know. RNG is RNG. Unless everything goes 100% perfect - open map, tons of mobs, good pylon placement so that you get Angels (if not nerfed) when RG spawns, it can go so many ways.

Fellas, Arch is right. I don’t hold any particular interest in D3 but this Rend fix is practically exactly what we have been asking for past couple of years. We asked for those exact things 4 or 5 PTRs in a row (prolly more since I am not playing for what must have been 2 years now).

Do not ask for moving any more damage towards dust devils. Devils are and always have been biggest issue of this set, starting from server lag and ending on unbalanced distribution of damage in the set (aoe vs single target). Those of you who remember old patches (pre and around 2.4/2.3) know that they (Blizzard) shifted damage from devils to WW on purpose, so they could rework spawn rates, proc rates and so on that made the build playable again (it was not playable at all because of the lag, and we are talking times when we were fishing 85’s).

Bottom line is, this Rend rework is a really good step forward to fixing this build, that was practically always broken in one way or another.

15 Likes

Welcome back S4v4G3 :metal:

You promised you will be back when barb is stronger. :slight_smile: