PTR Pop-Up | Focus on Freezing Issue | Has Ended

Some communication would be appreciated Blizz!

3 Likes

Why would you unpin the thread that is the only place you’ve announced that you have a fix for this?

4 Likes

Yah, so great fix. Crickets… you have died…

2 Likes

maybe there was a “thats to much work” thing going on :smile:
2 maintances and i still have the same problems. now unpinning the PTR-PopUp without further informations?! weird

@edit. i swear to god. i can take a lot when it comes to diablo3 lags/freezes. but today. jesus. so many freezes, lags, crashes. pls blizz. give us some informations. lift the “darkness”. show some “progress”. give us “something”

3 Likes

My hardcore character died this morning because of this freeze. My internet was normal. My PC is far above the game’s requirements. I’m definitely abandoning this game.

I missed the test sadly. I get awful frame rate drops when using the Firebirds set with Mirror Images, it’s literally unplayable unless I remove the audio using a custom DLL. Whereas playing the Hydra build I get zero frame lag at all.

for blizzard soon is usually 150 to 722 trillion years

I, too, was fooled by my warrantless expectations of a fmodex64.dll fix on Tuesday. Guess it’s back to playing with no sound.

Btw, I hope Bliz recognizes that the framerate never drops one iota when the dummy dll is in place (disabling sound), but even casual play with sound has numerous skips/drops. These are of course amplified into full on 10+ sec freezes usually back to back (to back …) when playing the aforementioned builds.

I’ve had several friends quit altogether because of these crashes. It’s suuuuuper important Bliz acknowledges and addresses this. I had all but given up hope when the pop-up PTR was announced. Not only that, they paid attention and discovered what most of us already knew: there was a sound bug. I told everyone… This was huge. This could reunite the clans.

Give us freedom to play with sound!

2 Likes

W.h.e.n? :raising_hand_man: :ok_woman: :man_shrugging: :wilted_flower:
WHEN please?

Give us the Fix! My friends and I are sick of the freezees and crashes to desktop! Thank you!

For those still tuning in - the core build had been updated on 8/31. I’m going to pin this thread back up to keep my eye on feedback on stability performance since the update.

6 Likes

So the random freezes are still pretty much here… Length of time is like always less than 1 second though, you’ve pretty much condensed it from 5-10 seconds to like always less than 1 second, but it can still happen multiple times right after one to another, making it still about a 5 second freeze.

I have not crashed to desktop yet though, but I have been in parties where members would crash to desktop… It’s definetly better… but the problem is still here…

I had ran smaller game servers for me and my friends before for other programs/platform in the past, whenever I noticed lag or freezes its usually the lack of GB of Ram. I honestly think you just need to double or triple the amount of ram in all the D3 servers to fix this, idk i could be wrong and its something else, hope there will be a better fix sometime in near future! Thank you!

Crashing every few minutes for me still. Haven’t been able to play for more than 3-4 minutes at a time since the season started. Happens to old and new characters, seasonal vs non-seasonal.

Filthyrich, I appreciate all that you do and putting up with the corporate overlords above you. Know that this is not in anyway directed towards you personally. HOWEVER, it is utterly disappointing after how many years this issue has persisted?? This seems like a big PR stunt to get people to go buy D2R. I have lost count of how many HC toons died because of this issue. I have tried all the fixes and even farm solo. So call me skeptical when blizzard said “we will look into it” after the community literally found out what the issue is and even went as far as to make a work around which a blue even approved. This is nothing but a farce. We are all so frustrated because we still care about the blizzard that we grew up with, though long has the ship sailed.

Does anyone know how I can call blizzard?

Hi:

Long freeze… a few seconds… at 19:48.
Seemed to coincide with the end of a shield pylon.

The first freeze I have experienced since the release of the update… perhaps just a glitch ?

Cheers !

Well,

Let me make this clear from the beginning: This post has no intention of pointing the blame of issues not being fixed to the moderators of this forum. They do have extremely limited options of actually resolving anything code-related. The intented recipients of this post are both the devs, as well as the management. Having gotten this down in textual form, let’s switch to the issue at hand.

I don’t know if the dev team is ever going to fix this, or if their happy to let this progress, seeing as customers have to have paid up front in order to play this smoking heap of feacies, but the problem with short burst of the game freezing is still present. The continued requests for people to post their debug logs to Pastebin does seem more of a way to be able to ignore this issue instead of fixing it.

Seeing as a number of bugs in the original Diable II where only ever fixed once they [Blizzard] re-released it recently, I do not have any hope of receiving a fix anytime other then when a new iteration of Diablo is brought out to be bought.