PTR Pop-Up | Focus on Freezing Issue | Has Ended

Because I’m used to play like that, in previous seasons that wasn’t such problem for me, but in the season 23 and 24 it became worst thing to get…

The deep freeze seems to happen very frequently on me when playing (or playing with) a Firebird Mirror Image Wiz on wifi network

I have an identical PC as my wife’s and we play side by side; The only difference is that I use wifi and she uses wired network. when playing with another friend who uses a firebird wiz, I have significant lags and freezes while she doesn’t. I also had bad freezes very frequently when I was playing firebird myself.

Hope that helps a bit for you to reproduce this issue.

1 Like

Hey everyone! This weekend, we received so much valuable information from the files and feedback on the Freeze issue. As of this morning, the team is preparing to jump into “Phase 3” of the PTR Pop-up and publish another build update with the intent to improve the current issues we’re reading into now.

At the moment, players can pause from sharing feedback and stay tuned for updates on the new build version coming. We’re very grateful for all the support and will keep you posted.

11 Likes

Happy Monday! Thank you for the update. Good luck with the new build, I’m excited for phase 3.

Finally, even if it was late, but I’ve done some testing (couldn’t done it earlier)… For now, it was acceptable lagging, FMOD sound ready after: was normally at 20ms, but at lag spikes it was from 100 to 200 ms. But for certain, those 200ms wasn’t able to kill my HC char, as I could still battle, but all those lag spikes was due to the Elites and other bosses (yes, I thought about that connections, as I usually died in such way), the more elites were at the same time, the bigger was lag spike, but in rare cases it could be due to the only one elite…
Edit: let see, what changes will be in the Version 3, as I’ve prepared for the full test (to the limit)…

PTR Pop-up has been updated!

The latest PTR pop-up build has been updated with improvements to address the freeze issue. We’re looking for more feedback from folks who encounter the issue and ask to share your D3Debug.txt files via pastebin on this thread.

Looking forward to hearing on how the build is performing and I’ll be chiming in for new updates to share. Hope you’re having a wonderful day!

8 Likes

you’re so close. 110 ms freezes (more like little jerks) and never more than 2 in a row.,…

Phase 3 ~100ms FMOD Error sound not ready - micro freezes Starting line # 1669

Whirlwind Barb PTR GR120

Whirlwind Barb PTR GR120 D3Debug.txt

Phase 3 ~100ms FMOD Error sound not ready - micro freezes Starting line # 848

Whirlwind Barb PTR GR110 Freeze #2

Whirlwind Barb PTR GR110 D3Debug.txt

Getting the same 100ms mini freeze others are. So close to fixed! Great job so far.
D3Debug - Inna Monk in Greater Rift
D3Debug - Whirlwind Barb in Greater Rift
D3Debug - Whirlwind Barb in Greater Rift #2
D3Debug - Roland Crusader in Greater Rift
Settings

Phase 3 ~100ms FMOD Error sound not ready - micro freezes - line # 967 & 2049

Monk Tempest Rush with Patterns of Justice

Two GR110’s back to back

Monk Tempest Rush PTR GR110 D3Debug.txt

Phase 3 ~100ms FMOD Error sound not ready - micro freezes - multiple freezes

Firebirds Wizard

Can’t run with Convention of Elements on at all have to remove before playing or game micro freezes all the time!

Firebirds Wizard PTR GR110 D3Debug.txt

Phase 3 about 100ms FMOD sound ready several micro freezes.

Tal Rasha build Wizzard
Conventions of Elements is always on…

Much better then Phase 2 (link must be copied to browser)
https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/ji9cCiCp

yes, same here.
a lot of FMOD errors now, but all in the range 100ms to 120ms. No hard freezes.
Even Hardcore is playable now.

Make a hotfix, let us ALL test this.
Now!

hi, your log says you are running Windows 7/64.
???
Make the step to Windows 11! take your W7 key and all will be fine.
:sunglasses:

@Boing, that would only be true if the computer has either TPM 2.0 or the firmware version of it. Along with a CPU that is on the list of CPUs that can handle Windows 11. Plus AFAIK Windows 11 isn’t out till the end of the year.

1 Like

Phase 3 results

PTR_d3debug_8-9@1700_to_8-10@0330.txt
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cX7qJjlJN_DqC6-YiCO95NW7OBvwEkDs/view?usp=sharing

WinMTR_long_capture_8-9_to-8-10.txt
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LQ8C2_P6JBvU-WhukdAnQuKiAGxPnx4I/view?usp=sharing

D3PrefsPTR.txt
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15_nhyR7q4Sk2mElFtMiEMIcOVTLsGzdc/view?usp=sharing
I changed my channels from 16->32 and mode from mono->stereo sometime during today’s test.

• Logged continuously for ~10 hours

• “FMOD sound ready in” 3ms - 80ms

• I noticed the sound stack appears to have reinitialized itself a couple of times in d3debug after message: Releasing FMOD sound with incorrect open state and loading screen disabled. In full disclosure, I had two clients open, the live US client had it’s sound disabled and the PTR client did not. Also made the above mentioned changes to my settings. Did not see this in round 2 despite the same setup.

• ae1-br02-eqla1.as57976.net continues to barf latency >1000ms occasionally (worst sample in period 4718ms). Client performance suffered during the spike I watched happen firsthand around ~2:20am, but did not disconnect

• Minor but non-zero packetloss today. Lost 1-2 out of 50,000. Lost 5 to above device (0.01%).

• PTR client stayed connected for ~10 hours without a disconnect

• …but so did a live US client, so I can’t offer any conclusions.

• I did a few rifts without major issues, but spent most of the day background monitoring in town since my worst issues seem to be independent of what I’m doing.

Beside your statements (all right ofc.)
Who is running W7 in this days?
W7, W8,w8.1 and early W10 up to 1909 never had any problems with freezes.

If your pc can TPMf AND uses Secure Boot then W11.
22000.120 is in beta now and works very good for me.
Even an old Notebook with 4GB RAM runs well!. Intel TPMf active.

Good log!
Im afraid, Blizzard dont looks at Google Drive logs. There was a statement early somewhere about that.

Your errors:
same here, mostly if i take a USB Dolby Device as Sound Output.
But the fact: NOT ONE freeze here!

Im afraid, Blizzard dont looks at Google Drive logs. There was a statement early somewhere about that.

Unless you can provide a source for that assertion, let’s not spread misinformation. We’re posting there because our logs exceed 512K, the pastebin limit, as discussed previously in this thread. Also, let’s show some respect for the people trying to help us by not posting a lot of off topic replies.