PTR patch notes out for season 22

Eh you should consider losing EW with LoD. DMO is superior. In groups i agree with Squirts and LoD.

Its debateable. Even if DMO is at 12,500 and LoD is 9,750. After considering elemental damage increase, reverse archon 300% damage, squirts, it comes out to 89,423% vs DMO at 12,500 with endless walk at 25,000%. Even if you somehow add in squirts to DMO its becomes 50,000%.

One could argue that reverse archon only does its damage half the time, so 89,423%/2=44,571.45%; however pushing a build will always be about CoE rotation and spending time outside arcane rotation to aggro and group enemies, so I don’t factor in losing damage half the time.

With DMO you are squishier, requiring you to move constantly meaning you wont keep endless walk damage bonus at 100% all the time, and you will definitely lose squirts if running it.

Food for thought.

1 Like

Yesterday, on his twitch stream, svr was asked to compare the numbers on LoD vs DMO. Initially he said “No way, DMO is obviously stronger.” Then he did the number crunch and LoD came out on top, like by quite a bit. This is all theorycraft and he built them based on pc playstyle but was interesting nonetheless.

He does only group builds, no solo play.

LoD will do more damage. Additionally, DMO requires slow time and for enemies to be inside of it for dmg.

Twisters can now be easily used in a non archon format for speeds. Hell, I don’t even think Archon is needed after these patch notes.

But with Archon…:star_struck::rofl:

I just looked @SOLO LB’s this season. Top entries are both: reverse archon and DMO, nearly on par. Especially CCing enemies without Slowtime is very difficult in solo play.

But as long numbers not in stone, no one knows.

Rats are going to be the strongest they have ever been as well this season. If you start this season, just roll rats from start. No need to waste time with Hgift as you can be doing T13+ in 2 hours of season start.

You can make your real character after and use hgift if you want and save it.

But Haunted Visions doesn’t work anymore with Mages or am i missing something. Ok you can cube another weapon.

Where does it say that? Sim works with mages, that’s why super rats are going to be top.

Patch 2.6.9?

In Haunted Visions section from the patch notes, it says “They can now duplicate Grim Scythe instead of Skeletal Mage.”

It duplicates mages though… I just tried it again and yes sim work with mages.

[https://www.diablofans.com/builds/108519-s22-super-rats](https://www.diablofans.com/builds/108519-s22-super-rats)
1 Like

Your right…the wording is strange but it does duplicate mages and can do Grim Scythe according to a little research I just did.

So there you go.

1 Like

Its probably not worded correctly.

Maybe it should say “And” rather than “instead”

1 Like

I quote from this forums:

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it’s just worded weird. It does actually cast mages and is supposed to. But if you are using grim scythe it will duplicate that instead of mages. It’s mentioned because grim scythe isn’t a secondary skill and simulacrums duplicate secondary skills.

The Key word in the description is CAN . And anyone who has tried it will instantly find out that it does.

1 Like

Yeah anyway, no circle of Julian’s is needed so rats will be the strongest its ever been.

1 Like

Doesn’t play Necro since it was released. Never like them that much. Are Rat Runs still with Singularity or with Archers/Blood Mages? With the Shoulders you gain the Singularity rune anyway.

Blood mages for the 2 extra seconds.

Don’t count justice TR monk out of speed meta. Running vengful wind and won kim lau with echoing fury in 4th cube slot. It will definitely be a speedy build for 120’s. Currently I can run 115’s in 5-6 minutes solo without the echoing fury. In a group, the monks just get faster being able to off set their coe rotations.

1 Like

As much as I don’t enjoy playing monk I would love to see it in some kind of dps role.

2 Likes

Ahh, well you can lead a horse to water…
But you can’t make it play a Monk.

1 Like