PTR patch notes out for season 22

Be sure to go take a peek!

Looks like season of the twister wizard!:sleepy:

General Discussion got a pinned topic from a CM. I figured I’d share it here.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/blog/23529004
2 Likes

They better not have buffed ET Wiz and left it as is on console.

Fourth cube slot…Seasonal theme of a clone of your class on a predetermined build…its ok I guess.

The leg changes seem very specific to builds and just adds x% of damage to set items. So doesn’t change a lot of builds but just boosts their power.

Will try PTR and see what like.

Wish there were QoL bits in there though.

1 Like

There was 1 QoL change that I noticed, paragon Gold Find is now pick up radius at 0.1 per point for a total if 5 yards pickup radius. It’ll help us console players when chasing down Nephalem Glory…

1 Like

Aye I saw that, indeed that is good.

Twister wiz gonna be stupid powerful on console. I mean, it’s already stupid powerful but gonna be even more so. This season we can use death wish and etched in hand, cube twisted sword and Valtheks. Future seasons when we can’t use all four will be a little limited but still really strong.

Pretty bad news. As console players won’t take part @PTR. But with the 4th cube slot every class will get a huge buff. Let’s wait for the PTR testers. But if Twisters get this buff on console and the won’t change mechanic on console, it will be superior as you can use Deathwish, Valtehks and Twisted Sword.

Homer will be in the PTR so he can at least relay what he experiences with it.

Aye but remember on console ET Wiz is different compared to console. With the two button option and Twisters not despawning console ET Wiz is already superior than PC now and in S22 its gonna be even more powerful and we cant test just how much more on console until season is live because of no PTR on console.

1 Like

Meehhh Raiment, Innas, and Gungado need a bigger buff…

Been a minute hasn’t it…

If console twister mechanics are left as they are now, twister wiz will be like how it is now just with 400% increase in damage. It’ll be like having a power pylon at all times.

1 Like

Then add in the Seasonal theme and actual pylons too…power creep!

I personally dont want the console twister wiz to be that OP. This round of patches is supposed to be for balancing and QoL. OP twister wiz is not balancing! Again, the devs are likely only considering how the patch affects PC.

1 Like

Yup…if they listened to the console community then perhaps that might not be the case. ET Wiz has been OP for ages.

2 Likes

Lol yah like having no more Neph Glory…

Seriously… Homer how many GRs have been failed over the years cuz of it

Just a reminder it is actually gold pick up radius thus may not work for globes.

Yup when pushing NG becomes the number one issue and factor.

1 Like

There is only one stat in your character details for gold pickup radius; it is shared with globe pickup radius as: Bonus to Gold/Globe Radius. It should most definitely apply to NG.

1 Like

Don’t forget the buff to Delsere’s and Etched Sigil. Power creep only for ET is

5 x (12,5/8,5) x 3.5 = 25x multiplier (GR150 should be able for every casual on console) on top.

If the Twister disappears when hit a wall or obstacle, things could change.

1 Like

not much for barbs but Leapquake should be good. I like that the new sets are now in rotation. The 4th slot should be good, I hope they keep it after this season is over. I will have to see the shadow clones in action before passing judgement.

1 Like

They never added that to console due to how hard it is to do with a joypad…be interesting to see if they do add it now…but how do they combat the game engine slowing down due to lag meaning you can get more twisters out that stay longer and ramp up the damage?

If they just simply add more damage via S22 then GR150 solo may be possible.

@Omplich

Although DMO set is getting buffed, the LoD reverse Archon ET wiz will still be the go to twister build; it is alot tankier and does more damage along with not being constrained to only getting damage buff against enemies in bubbles.