PTR on Mac freezes on launching the game

I’m a Mac user. When launching the game, after server authentication, after choosing a character, when launching the game the game freezes.

2 Likes

+1 OSX Mojave 10.14.6, only on PTR not on production

Are your saying that ptr does not work on macs?

Yeah I have been having the same issue I tried restarting my mac/scan and repair/uninstall - reinstall game nothing works still same issue when logging to your character in game it gets stuck on loading screen.

I am experiencing the same issue and i cannot reimport characters

From PTR 2.6.10 is now available for testing!

MacOS Client Update : At the moment, PTR 2.6.10 currently does not support MacOS client users. We are looking into this issue and will provide updates to you as they come in. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

You should probably monitor the PTR Bug Report forum for updates.

4 Likes

So Mac client not supported, how is it the production version runs, but the ptr doesn’t…? PTR 20 and 21 worked fine on the latest mac client at the relevant times…!!!
Isn’t the ptr based on the latest production version or the last PTR version…??
Anyhow, it’s 2 days into the ptr and no patch and no play…when will it be fixed…??? Times a running out…!!!
Sincerely yours…
Grumpy Old Man…!!

Dev are looking into the the issue.
Note that not only Mac has issues, there are some crashes and freezes on PC.
I think they are related to the new seasonal theme change.

Please go to PTR Bug Report and PTR Feedback forums for PTR related topics.

1 Like

As far as I experienced it,the 32bit Windows Version freezes too.The 64bit Version works.

PTR Mac works fine on a Mac WITH a Mac videocard and not a nonstandard one with Nvidia Driver on a Mac Pro.The only way I can get PTR 2.6.10 to run is with 10.11.6 (my normal OS) and/or 10.13 on my Mac Pro and an Apple Videocard.Same with my MacBook Pro, but it works fine with High Sierra 10.13, 10.11.6 as it has an inbuilt Apple GPU.Tested fine for last 2 days.