Topic Deleted **********

Topic Deleted **********

7 Likes

Why LoD tho? Is the actual set specifically made for Hydra build that bad/weaker?

1 Like

weaker.
In LoD, just flat 98.5x damage * 1.5x from increased pet speed = ~148x
With the set, +2 heads (1.67x) * 100x damage = ~167x
While if you lose one head - quite often- it became 150x, and with LoD you get many other benefits.

2 Likes

Well, first congrats.

Secondly though, I’d like to see you do that again, but this time without your almost 9000 paragon. Sorry, I don’t regard this run as a fair indication of how good this set actually is.

17 Likes

I really dont understand what the D3 balance team is doing…The light of hope is just straying further and further away each season…True balance is a myth in D3 i guess.

2 Likes

Lol, thread below complains about how bad this set is.

It’s PTR these things will/should get tuned over the next 2 weeks.

1 Like

Rofl. LoD hydra is as busted as it gets. You’d have to be blind to not see it.

5 Likes

I think their goal is to make all sets GR 150 viable for solo play, for whatever reason. Give the game a sense of closure for when D4/D:I is released?

4 Likes

Then you are, in fact, short sighted. You have to compare top geared, top skilled players to find the true balance between classes. We have to know how high a set can actually push at the highest level in order to successfully balance the lower end evenly.

3 Likes

Seriously we forever going to moan about that. The game changes try something else. I am looking forward to hydra as a wiz.

2 Likes

lol always the same clowns every patch. The highest pushes with all builds are from ~10k para guys so it’s perfectly fair and easy to compare.

This seems to be on the level of pre-nerf Valor Sader…

3 Likes

I hope so! The new wiz set is specifically made for a hydra build. Seeing that LoD hydra is much better seems odd.

1 Like

Remember POJ S19, which set ended up being the best Tempest rush set? Hint: not POJ…

Don’t get your hopes up.

1 Like

does not exist. I believe currently there is only very limited staff on the whole game and they do everything. For most of builds, which doon’t involve mechanic issues like Bazooka, VoL, balance is a pure arithmatic problem and the only reason they can’t do it well is they didn’t do it.

Hydra this time seems to be a different mistake though. I guess they totally forgot it can combo with channeling.

1 Like

Balance wise i would call Lod and hydra items, crusader ++ fine. Seems not too bad.

No one is moaning. It was an unjustified nerf if you dont like the build than just dont play it. This cool hydra build, as you can see is “crusader fine”. So you will have your fun with it, if blizzard dont nerf it into the ground as a panic reaction.

Why it is not possible to have a viable archon chantodo spec? Because it was unjustified nerfed ? Just explain why ? Even if i cut into my own flesh. If that is the way you like to arguments : I would be happy **if blizzard nerf the hydra builds to gr 142 with para 9k ** Than you look for something else, maybe a new class ? Isnt this good logic?

nerfing build and class diversity is never a good idea

#ChantWizBack

1 Like

Set? You mean the LoD gameplay in the video or the actual new wiz set? Have you tried the new wiz set yet? My hydra heads keeps dying cause of the damage im taking, EVEN WITH SHIELD. It’s sort of unplayable.

1 Like

I meant the Lod version. the new set is really bad because the heads are always dying even with shields as you mentioned. Thats why it cant be be played properly with chanelling skills which have a high multiplier.

Lod setup on the other hand have much benifits and dont have dying heads. I havent tested it yet just read it so far. You can see the video of the italian guy.

1 Like

Chantodo went on 2 seasons. I didn’t like the fact that it was “the” build to play so that you end up with the leaderboard nothing but chantado. When any class only has one build active, its mean wiz turns into a boring season, everyone playing the same. Don’t argue you could play something else, because nothing else really competed. So it got to be that you have 2 wiz’s in 4 player, it was build that got too much action. Blizzard nerfed it, now we have hydra and there will be LoD build, set build, whatever hybrid will be there. But to demand that Blizzard leave it forever as it was, oh please. This game is about the challenge to try multiple builds and classes to see what works great, not repetition to death. Perhaps some variation will eventually be allowed in the future, but multiple player GR game should be open to all classes not make all about one class and one particular build. Take it easy and good luck in S20.

1 Like

Well now there is lod hydra clearing 150, chantodo pre nerfed was 146 at best. barb is 146 at the moment. For high rifts lod hydra is much stronger than chantodo ever was. For speeds chantodo will be better than the hydra specc because it is kinda slow compared to chantodo. But i mean no one will force you to play chantodo if it is 3-4 gr stronger than now, or will you be forced ? it was a nerf by 58% in damage not a world changer i get it. But why Chantodo wizzard shouldnt be in the region of barbs rend speed build? Why wizzard only speed built which is chantodo vyr, should be so much weaker than barb and even monk? You get it? Your claim is just selfish. You have to play rend ww barb according to your logic, because it is even better than old chantodo. Is it ok for you to be “forced” to play barb now ?

Your claim is just selfish and ignorant. You are basicly saying " because i dont like to play chantodo vyr it should be weak for everyone who want to play this build" You see the flaws in your argumentation?

But i wish you a good and nice season too and a nice day. sometimes i can become to emotional but it is never personal :wink:

1 Like

I chuckled when you said forced to play barb now. Yes there will be some tweaking of hydra, thats what the ptr is about. I already reported a bug playing it. The simple fact is that each season Blizzard elects to change what effects the multi-player GR games, solos and so on. Chantado nerf was a obvious edict from Blizzard that they were after shaking the game up. Thats what I am used to after 19 seasons. If something goes away I try something different. Usually playing several builds, helps to remedy bad drops where one never works out. You know this game it hates you or loves you. Same with the beefed up gear/builds or stuff that get nerfed. In the end I hope they throw you a bone. :wink:

1 Like