PTR delayed a bit

Welp, another week to build up mats :slight_smile:

Well, since we’re waiting, anyone think Odyssey’s End will make it into multishot? Losing dawn seems like a steep price to pay.

My thought, further trade F&R for CoE + Zodiac?
F&R is a two 1.5x multipliers set, replace it with CoE (1.5x in averge) you lost one 1.5x multipliers but you have already get a 2.5x from Odyssey’s End, this is a 2.5 / 1.5 = 1.67x net buff (to some targets only). The rest of is can Zodiac good enough to replace Dawn?

1 Like

It’s not really so much about losing dawn, but rather how clunky it would be to run it with Oddessy? Let’s take a look.

Entangling shot currently last 2 seconds on a mob, 4 seconds if you take the cold rune. You’ll have to fire quite a few of them to get enough mobs entangled to make use of the buff. The problem with this is that your generator is slooooooooow compared to MS due to yangs, making it a chore to use and a lot of time spent not firing MS.

You can technically make up for the speed with hunters wrath and clever animation canceling, but that means you’ll either have to sacrifice CC3 to fit it (big no no) or place it in the cube. The latter is “doable”, and you technically free up a passive slot (won’t need thrill of the hunt), but it’s hard to say whether it would be worth it or not. Certainly something to try out.

3 Likes

Hmmm, that does seem rather clunky.

Reading the patch notes, I actually think it was the devs intent to buff most, it not all major DH builds. They weren’t sure how the new OE would interact with current builds, so they separately buffed the only build that they knew it couldn’t be used in: impale.

Actually, I tested just a little on the regular servers. Just T13 and Grift 60.

But I found you can keep F&R if you use Strafe to replace Vengeance. Doubles as a movement skill. I put Smoke Screen Displacement over vault so you can use it while strafing if things get tense. But really mostly Strafe was just used to proc F&R similar to how one uses Evasive Fire in the Multi shot version.

I also chose to use RoRG in the cube so I could wear Depth Diggers, (had a primal pair in my stash) and put Aquilla in the cube for defense. It’ll take some getting used to but it wasn’t terribly clunky. Will be easier to test wants PTR goes live with the new items.

Strafe replaced Vengeance. Smoke Screen replaced vault. It’s a little clunky but nothing one couldn’t get used to, I think. It’s up in the air deciding what Passives to use. You could use Thrill of the Hunt. But you could also just use Entangling Shot to slow or slot Freezing bolas will do the trick too but I don’t think that would work in pushing. But you can replace Thrill with Ambush or Awareness, And Balistics with Numbing Traps, I think.

Just some thoughts.

@ Poconut
You only need vengeance in the UE because multi-shot uses so much hatred and for gunes. But you can drop gunes for Aquilla I think.

The big hit to defense isn’t losing defense from Vengeance and Gunes, that can be replaced. The big hit to defense is losing Crimson’s and Yang’s interaction with it.

But perhaps you could drop F&R for Elusive and CoE, maybe though that’s a hit to your dps that might be too big. But then again, the new items give you 600% to bola or 800% to Hungering Arrow while Multi shot only gets a 400% increase, so just maybe you don’t need F&R.

But I’m no math guy and I could be wrong on all counts.

We have to wait a bit longer.