PTR: Are we there yet?

Nein …!

Sure you will. The 17th of Oct. in Irvine, California, where the server and HQ is. It is obviously already the 18th in Australia, and almost the 18th in the EU. With only ONE PTR at the CA location, they don’t release it based on other Region time zones.

2 Likes

So many years and they didn’t learn how to announce date and time …

Ehh no so many years they did not announce it :stuck_out_tongue:

So many years, and they have not ever given an exact time start for the PTR. It is a Test realm. It comes up when they have it ready to go. They normally only give the date - and that date is based on the time and date in Irvine, California USA where the PTR server is located.

2 Likes

I’m from central Europe, I doubt I will. They might aswell mentioned in the PTR blog post that EU players will get it on 18th instead of 17th than no one would make such a big deal out of it…

That is a good point. If someone were not familiar with the normal PTR process for D3, it is easy to misunderstand. Blizzard could remark in the PTR notes that the PTR is in the Pacific Timezone and all date references are also in the Pacific Timezone.

Living in Australia, I’m used to this.

Everything is always tomorrow regarding Blizzard’s times.

Have fun all, while I get to work an extra full day before I can jump in.

And it’s now 18th day in this part of the wilderness.

Still waiting.

PDT is currently around 2:27pm on Oct. 17, and PTR still not online. Still waiting…

I mean were not talkin a team thats known for its punctuality… but ya Id figure sometime mid afternoon is when they generally launch.

In about 2 - 3 more hours they should be packing up to head home. I really expected the PTR to be up by now, just in case they had any issues. I am not sure if they have a night crew.

It’s a ptr, no guarantee that it doesn’t slip a day or 2.

:rofl:

No. Blizz works roughly 9 or 10am to 6 or 7pm for their average hours. There are folks who have specific shifts, but not most of them.

As for night crew, for the LIVE servers there is a 24/7 Network Operations center. For PTRs which are run by QA - those are not really monitored like that. It can be up or down for various periods of time.

It is now past 1 AM here on the 18th. I had hoped to test at least some things before going to sleep but looks like that’s not going to happen.

Got buggered sideways again.

It is 3:12 pm PST in CA, so technicality they still have another 9 hours to still be within the 17th. :sob:

I always find it funny how eager some people are about the PTR.

Time Travelling Is Real OMG !!!

They need to be first, play the season for a week just to say “when does it end.” We see the same thing every PTR and season. Some act like it will be the end of the world if they do not get on within the first hour, funny stuff. Just like people who sleep out at a movie so they can be first, when the movie will run for several weeks.

oh I know.

That’s why I’m over here laughing at all of these threads and posts asking where is the PTR and all of these players acting like they just have to play the PTR.