PTR: Ambo's Pride

To centralize our testing of Ambo’s.

Questions:

1. Is there is no longer a 15 second DOT when Rend is cast from skill bar?

2. Is Bleeding visible?

3. Does Lamentations auto stack with casting Rend and/or Ambo’s auto cast?

4. Does Ambo’s auto cast proc Stricken?

5. If a Rend cast and a Ambo auto cast occurrs within the same second on the same target(s), do both damage calculations register? Or is one or the other a Wasted cast (pun intended)?

These are a few questions that I’ve seen the community ask.

1 Like

Even before testing, I can probably assume:

1: No, each hit would apply/re-apply rend, so as long as you are hitting targets with WW you will have a perma-rend.

2: Rend is already visible. It’s not SUPER noticeable, but it’s there. It’s a dripping blood effect above the heads of the mobs. I would imagine they would get the same visual from the ambo’s rend.

3: If I ahd to guess, if your hit a target three times with WW while wearing/cubed lamentation and ambo’s, each hit would apply rend up to the three stacks. This one I am less sure about than the previous two.

4: Off the top of my head I want to say no, because stricken’s wording is, “Each attack you make against an enemy increases the damage it takes from your attacks by…” Since the ambo’s rend is not YOUR attack, I don’t see why it would stack stricken. I am even less sure about this than number 3.

Of course, all of these are assumptions made with my limited knowledge of the game, and testing will reveal whether or not I am correct.

I just added another question to the original post:

If a Rend cast and a Ambo auto cast occurrs within the same second on the same target(s), do both damage calculations register? Or is one or the other a Wasted cast?

This could have a really negative impact on our damage, specifically against single targets.