[PTR 2.7.5] Passability ("Revelation" Seal) wall bug

Passability does not always work with walls spawned by Waller mobs. I tried it with Barbarian.

When I walk, it lets me through. That works as expected.
When I move using Whirlwind, walls are not passable. (from 0:56 on the video)

3 Likes

It’s like this with the Demon Hunter’s Strafe ability as well.

It appears as though abilities that put you in the “ethereal” realm where enemies are concerned, do not affect walls, and in order for Whirlwind and Strafe to get by the walls, you have to break and run.

It’s always been like this, so it’s not just something that has affected this Season and that Alter ability.

I just confirmed that it’s also broken for Tempest Rush Monk. So basically all the “spin to win” builds have to stop spinning and walk thru the wall then resume spinning. Annoying but not fatal.

If you use Illusory boots and use WW, Strafe, or TR, can you pass through Waller walls on the live server?

I didn’t take “Passibility” to mean “can pass through Waller affix”, but if you can do it with Illusory boots on the live server, then this sounds like a bug.

As it is now, we don’t have a definition for what “Passibility” means. Illusory boots only say that you can pass through mobs, and I do not know if it also applies to Waller walls.

Just checked off season on live client. Illusory boots make it possible to both walk and whirlwind through walls.

2 Likes

Sounds like a bug, then…

Thanks for checking.

I regularly use Illusory boots on my LoD builds. Either cubed them or Ice Climbers. Makes wallers and frozen/jailer ignorable. My first play thru on PTR was a wizard and they don’t really have a “spin to win” build so I didn’t catch it and I played H90 barb for my next. Finally got around to running a PoJ monk though and ugh. Kind of amazing they didn’t just use the existing code for Illusory boots. It’s like they coded up a whole new feature for Passability. Why bother with the extra hassle?

Steed Charge (Crusader) is also blocked by wall on PTR.

1 Like

Well, that is annoying, due to the cooldown on that one.

Also happens with vault for UE