PTR 2.6.8 - Last Minute Buff Requests for DH

We are officially part of the ingeom club now instead of the outgeom.

1 Like

So dissapointing, we were really not asking that much :frowning:

Eh…I was planning on taking a break next season anyways. Other than a passing interest in wanting to tinker with a Strafe build I have no desire to jump into season 20.

I didn’t really expect anything this patch, even with the huge thread in General Discussion, but to me, this is just a slight set back.

We know we’re getting stuff before Season 21, so I think the goal of the General Discussion thread has changed from “This is what we would like to see possibly in this patch” to “If you’re going to give us something in the next patch, this is what we would like to see”.

That’s still worthwhile, I think. No one reason to give up and throw our hands in the air after not getting anything in this patch.

That’s just my opinion though. I mean, if we keep that thread going, I believe the pressure mounts on the devs to at least see that we need more than just a new set and whatever items they decide to augment to go with the set. All our sets vastly underperform other classes.

Of if you folks think that’s a lost cause, then maybe just some ways we can improve LoD builds so that Rapid Fire isn’t our only option, considering I think N6 Rapid Fire out does that build anyway.

Our class needs a lot work, let’s show them what changes we think we need.

That’s just what I think. I could be way off. If you folks prefer letting it go, I won’t argue, I just don’t think we should.

I don’t think so either. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so keep up the fight, man!

The frustrating part is that the fixes would be soooo easy. Between 2.4 and now, most items across the game got modern updates with 300-800% multipliers. Meanwhile DH is stuck with things like kridershot, that missed the boat. And the Strafe weapons with the 100% white text… Yeah move that to orange text and make it 500% or more. Most skills got these changes, it’s a shame that only a few DH items are in the modern era.

1 Like

I will never give up (until I am dead) :slight_smile: While we wait for season 21, if someone has a brilliant idea for a LOD build other than Rapid Fire, I am all ears…

1 Like

That’s the spirit! lol

But seriously, that’s where our experienced theory crafters, if there are any left would be a huge help.

There’s things I’d like a DH LoD build to do, but I wouldn’t know how to go about getting there.

I like, I’ve got no skill at theory crafting at all, but I’ve been working on a LoD FoK build that plays like the old S2/M2. You have to use Sharpshooter, just like S2/M2 did to maximize FoK damage. You use Shadow Power and Smoke Screen for moment over vault because using vault while Vengeance is active causes rockets and quick shots to reset Sharpshooter.

And principally, you’re never attacking with anything other than FoK through the Grift until you get to the Grift Guardian and use Bolas to build Stricken stacks before dispatching her with a FoK too.

It’s decent build, as in kind of fun, but I’m not skilled enough to really push with it as I can only get it to GRift 90 or so. dmkt says there is a top player that takes S2 FoK to 105 or so (maybe 115, can’t remember which). But it looks like there is potential there if they give some buff to FoK either through LGF or a combination of items or maybe both.

That’s one idea.

The one thing about trying to come up with LoD builds is they all pretty much work better N6 because of the bigger bonus the six piece gives the set.

So to me, a proper LoD build for the DH would have to be made with items that can’t all be worked into N6. Hard to do because the set has a ring and weapon as part of the set so you would have the LoD build would have to use 3 pieces that directly compete with the 5 other pieces of N6 and all of them plus shoulders would have to do more damage than just 2 of those pieces with N6 and it’s six piece.

N6 really borks us when it comes to coming up with a good LoD build, is what I’m saying.

1 Like

Wo-Hoo! Finally. That was a thing the DH community has been asking so many times for so many patches now. This will catapult us to completely new levels.

I mean, how many times have all of us been searching for a proper In-geom for our speed builds? How many of us have started another character just to get this powerful weapon, so that we finally can create a nice and fast speed farming Hunter?

Thank you so much for fixing all of our problems!

Oh, and while you’re changing the smart loot table: Can you please add Wizardspike as well, so that we can collect all of the listed effects for Kanais cube faster? That would be so, sooooo great! Also, it would increase our chance to get more daggers at the start of a season, which would improve the overall class balance. Because, you know, right now DHs have an huge advantage at the start of every season, because we can get only two daggers from upgrading rare daggers, and both of them are quite useful for leveling. Another useless one would perfectly fit! A classical Win-Win-Win-Situation!

8 Likes

I made an interesting tank version of a build with LOD chakram DH that can clear about torment 10 content with ease and survive gr 110 wish ease, please note clear and survive as this is a tank build I made. A video explaining the build will be coming out soon.
If you want you can tinker with the build next season and maybe make it have more damage or more toughness or whatever. I try to make at least one new build each season.

1 Like

LOD Chakram shuriken cloud
25 minute video of just explaining and showing a build i could have probably made into a 5 minute video. Time flies when you try to explain a build, this was my fault alone.

The build has actually changed a lot since actually testing it versus just theory crafting it, I believe I do have the first created version, the second version and the final version all here in paper.

1 Like