PTR 2.6.10 Has Ended!

Hello Venaliter, there are still no-seasonal players who don’t want to play a season, why should they suffer from the seasonal issues?
Players with 8000 Paragon do not take the measure, but players with 3000 - 4000 Paragon should be taken as a guideline!

Why do people think the A6I2 Bomb build was powerful because the seasonal theme? Didn’t they notice the seasonal theme didn’t exist on the first week of the PTR?

Leave out all over 7000 Paragon, how many players are there who can manage over 140?
4000 Paragos players hardly make it!

Other than AoV with a 4th slot / clones, you mean?

Hi Rich, sorry for the repeated comment but again I still need to ask you to buff the Barb’s LeapQuake build. It’s currently 15 lvl Grifts below the best one and one of the weakest build in the game. The updated Blades barely added any damage since we relied mostly on Earthquake damage so the Avalanche buff means nothing.
I suggest we both buff the Balde of the Tribles and the Gridle of Giants multipliers to 300-350% and add a 100% damage multiplier to the Lut Socks. The Lut Socks change will open the way to many other builds and even ZBarb.

Really? So they buffed by favorite build after all :blush:

Blizzard being blizzard, ahahaha fix one thing, destroy another … even when I follow this for 12 years and it gets worse and worse

2 Likes

More Zombie Bears! I didn’t notice it until now. Awesome!

2 Likes

That is what the weapon description in the cube said.

When you mean the serious nerf, you mean like negative 8~11 GR tier is acceptable? This is what I gathered from the PTR section.

Yes, it is very acceptable. And it’s still a top tier build.

It was overperforming by an insane amount. People estimated that it would’ve been GR160+ capable prior the nerf if the GR scale only went that high. Thus even after the nerf it still performs great.

Sometimes nerfs, even big ones, are absolutely necessary to bring some semblance of balance. People really have to accept that and stop moaning about it.

4 Likes

And butchering Invoker set? There is a difference in they nerfed the Ahkkan build, but not for Invoker.

Spot-on. Some Wizard mains are acting goofy lately too. They have some real design concerns (like Sigil being nixed instead of Deathwish, and Twister getting Sigil instead of a buff to its existing 3 items). But not much for balance. Much of this patch is a special gift just for them, and like I pointed out here their class already basically runs the game.

They didn’t butcher Invoker.

I’m not really sure what you’re saying here?

1 Like

Oh no? People report it is weaker cause of the 2p nerf

So then we can buff I6 or rework Hack or something. The merit of a 1st step is not killed by needing a 2nd. Sometimes the quickest answer is not the best.

2 Likes

It’s a “special gift” alright. A gift where most of our builds will end up weaken or broken, and in return we get a few new builds that won’t even come close to filling the void left behind by the older builds. Only a “special gift” indeed can achieve that. I honestly hope no other class gets a “special gift” like the one Wizards may be about to receive.

5 Likes

The a6I2 doesn’t benefit substantially from the season theme. Solo can include unity now, 4 player also has options that aren’t too sizable. The build itself isn’t ideal for single target. How it stands now I don’t think you can do two a6I2 in four player for 150 because the boss won’t die in time at sub 2k paragon, maybe sub 3k but I doubt it would be worthwhile.

One nerf makes you think the entire class is ruined - there is the point. So many builds depending on the channeling combo is not healthy; it needs to go. Should Deathwish be the target instead of Sigil? Yes. Should we get buffs to other stuff now too? Yes! But again,

The class is not ruined, it’s just not perfected yet. So push forward instead of being desperate to go back. Wizard has been the overall top dog of the game’s entire history; it won’t kill you for it to maybe not be in the meantime.

1 Like

Nearly any wizard main (myself included) would say that wizard’s reliance on channeling is an issue for the class. There’s no question about that. Most of us aren’t troubled by Blizzard taking action on handling it. It was how they’ve chosen to take action on it that is troubling. They robbed wizards of a key item and gave no suitable replacement.

Now if they had just chosen to have death wish and etched sigil multipliers changed to affect only the channeling skills, then buff all affected arcane spenders; that would’ve been a far better alternative.

Also no, I don’t care about being the top dog, I care about smoothness and fluidity in builds, which is something that most, if not nearly all, of the wizards top builds were not.

These wizard changes remove a large amount of fluidity for the class and places a lot of constrictions in the class. So yeah, if we were talking about a simple nerf (as in the lowering of numbers for a skill or two), I wouldn’t care much; however the change to etched sigil did a lot more than that.

Lastly, if this is simply a step taken as a means to an end to better help Wizards, then a simple message to Wizard players assuring them that the developers are indeed working on a major change of some kind for the class would go a long way for wizard players. However, we received no such message from Blizzard (at least none that I know of) and are in fact left in the dark with only a few usable builds left. So yeah this class is close enough to ruin.

Agreed I hope they keep improving on transparency and responsiveness.