(PS4) Controller bug

Started playing diablo 3 again cause of new season. Diablo just got a new update. But the weird thing is i still have the same issue from a few months ago and that is that my controller wont function correctly anymore after player like half an hour. I have to keep on “smashing” my buttons to get an reaction from ingame. Lets say when i open my inventory i can select anything with my thumbstick then when i press X it does nothing. I have to press more then 20 time or so to have the item selected or even to get out of the inventory. Does anyone have the same issue? This is really getting annoying and also feeling like to quit this game and let it be. :frowning:
It only happens with Diablo3, with all other games i have no issue.

Sounds weird. Is your controller wired or wireless? If wireless, how far away are you from the console?

Are you running the game off disc or is it digital?

If it is digital, you may want to try deleting the game and reinstalling it. Do not delete save data, which is seperate.
What platform are you using? PS3, ps4, ps5, xbox 360, xbox one, xbox series?

Another issue may be with your hard drive. The portion of the hard drive the game is saved to may be bad or corrupted.

Lastly, it could be your system cache. If you play alot of games, your system cache could be full. Try clearing it before deleting and reinstalling.

I have the same problem. controler works ok in the playstation environment but I cant even start the game with an any key press. I have a downloaded version. It does the same be it plugged in with cable or wirelessly. If i join an other players sesion, it takes me to the main menu but that is as far as i can get. i never had this issue on the disc version. i had to remove that due to loosing the disc.