Proposal to End S23 and Start S24 Earlier

Hope the devs been working towards this. S23 to start off does not have any special themes vs NS, with follower rework applying game-wide. After getting the seasonal journey completed, there is truly no compelling reason to stay on in S23, as many of our accounts would be noticeably stronger in NS, be it for solo, speeds or meta. The earlier S23 ends, the earlier all our accumulated gons/gears/gems get transferred to NS, making the remaining playtime before S24 goes live more efficient in various ways.

Now that we have the confirmed release date of D2R on 23rd Sept, and beta being in Aug, it would also be good to start S24 as soon as possible, assuming the 2nd iteration of PTR goes well. Having just a minimal rework of the Innas set with couple of other supporting gears for S24 sets the stage for a quick closure of the PTR. I believe many players who love the diablo franchise would be looking forward to D2R on release date, and definitely when the 1st season starts. Some of us might even want to take some time off to test the beta.

Looking at the calendar, 2nd Jul for the start of S24 seems to be impossible if we stick to the normal schedule of PTR ends -> patch release -> S24 starts, unless of course the 2nd round of PTR lasts only this coming weekend. That puts us at the earliest S24 start date of 9th Jul, which gives us approximately 6wks for our ethereal hunt before D2R beta starts, or 11wks before D2R releases. I believe there would be players who would love to get the feat of acquiring all 21 different ethereals (which I believe is the intention of the S24 theme) before D2R starts. Any further delays to start of S24 would further reduce available time to get the feat.

In short, I find that S23 should end soonest, and S24 to start as early as reasonably possible. Cheers.

8 Likes

They need to fix like 90% of the stuff that they released in the PTR, even if they wanted to, they couldn’t. If they did, next season Monks would be king (which isn’t necessarily bad). Also, with the limited changes they are making to the game, given they have like 3-4 months to do SOMETHING with the game, they really need to change seasons to be like 2 months at this point. They haven’t made anything worth having for longer then that in a LOOOONG time.

Make it the End of Jul or at early Aug.

16th or 23rd of July sounds good

1 Like

I would say that the earliest that season 24 could start would be July 16. That is if they decided to give us the two week notice within a couple of days. But most likely start would be around July 23. Sure it could be later but you don’t want it too late with the beta for D2R. That is unless Blizz figures there won’t be a lot of players playing D2R beta.

Well, the waiting room you are sitting in is very small and nowhere near the gigantic arena where the rest of us are playing S23.

Seasons last at least 3 months.
Seasons NEVER end while the PTR is running.

Join a clan that has active players that are enthusiastic about D3 and your season will continue pleasantly!

2 Likes

I’ve always wished we could voluntarily leave the season when we are finished with it and convert all of our characters to NS right away.

3 Likes

To be fair, most of the communities and clans have very few people online. It can be hours before you get a 4-man group going. Season 23 already ended for most of us.

3 Likes

I am so excited to see on the bnet app, that ‘s23 ending soon’ poster is in. Details via the link are not updated yet though, hopefully later today :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see anything on the launcher (EU) or the News site (EU) and as for the EU forums, well, the only stickied thread we have over there is the announcement for the start of Season 21 in June 2020 (we didn’t get stickies for the start of S22 or S23).

I also see it (USA) 3rd section down, right-side. Below the Summer Sale.

Yes I see it too. This means season 23 will end either on 11 July or 18 July, leading to a season 24 start on 16 July or 23 July. Hopefully we will know the exact dates soon ™ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be bad though as the D2R beta should start early August and some of us were planning on giving D3 one last hurrah.

Time to start clearing out the S23 stash as the season is coming to the end “soon.”

On my launcher USA it shows S23 is ending soon, but when I click on it, I get sent to a news window that says nothing about S23 ending.

Very unprofessional.
Shocking that Blizzard would allow such! :stuck_out_tongue:

They are around atm… just had my post removed xD

1 Like

Indeed, it’s so unlike them.

1 Like

please do. give us s24

Why bother? All they do is make a new pet for a reward and hit the reset button so the exact season as last time repeats over and over again.

release s24 for d3 asap so we get a month time of d3 before d2r beta