Proposal to a new mechanic for multishot

Hi all,

I will get to the point directly,
I would like to be able to control the width of multishot. Now before I continue I have to admit that my knowledge of the consoles is zero, so if this falls flat due to not being able to implemented on consoles then sorry for taking up your time.

So back to the idea it could work by drawing the mouse back and forth in the direction we fire.

So going from a wide fan we would get a more narrow fan. If a narrower fan hits a target with more projectiles then you have the chance to make multishot more single target friendly.

My guess is that something like this would help the UE set.

So I’d like to hear your thoughts.

• Is it doable
  • Would it help vs single target
  • Do you like the idea.
  • Other input.

Cheers all Stedia

The interesting thing about this is that this mechanic already exist in the game this season with the angelic crucible, ray of light for cluster arrow.

If you use maelstrom or shooting stars rune, it shoots out 3 rays. Depending on the distance of your mouse cursor, the rays either widen or narrow.

With that said it would be an easy implementation, however the details of how many actual projectiles are allowed to “shotgun” would be the next question.

I’d be down for this, though UE for sure needs a lot more additional help :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would work on a tablet or mobile device but not a console, easily, though it could be done… if it actually had firing. There is a “target” button but it doesn’t really do anything and is a waste.

For that, a secondary Rune could be implemented to make it more like Impale or not… that is, you choose the skill, choose the effect Rune, and then choose a “diagram” like a line, a cone, a circle, etc. Give this secondary LoF (line of fire) five choices.

That is how I came up with the idea in the first place :smiley:. So kudos to the devs, but when I saw that my first thought was multishot!

It would be cool to get an implementation.

As for the density, yes that can get hairy.

Ex. If I am not mistaken MS has a width of 120 to 135 degrees.
If halfing that gives double density. Then you basically can get double damage.
Taken to extremes if quartering it then we have a factor four.

Albeit UE needs distance. I wonder how this could work out up close. Sidenote not sure how multishot works point blank as it is now. Do we get the same effect as shadow impale?

Starting from there UE could then receive what ever needed love.

Cool idea, I guess you mean an additional layer of runes for the shape. I like the idea and would love that for some other spells aswell tbh.

The thing is that if we get a dynamic cone Wich can be very helpful in game. Sometimes we want a good spread and in some situations it would be preferable to concentrate the volleys. When mobs are in a line.

But the secondary rune system idea has merit.

Skill trees with generic nodes for different types of skills:

Primary
Secondary
Defensive
Hunting
Devices
Archery

Or make Whisper of Atonement drop with a random effect that can be augmented to your gear… the Cone size of Multishot could be one of them. Produce 3 effects per skill type (18 for DH), but only allow equipping one per skill type, max of 6.

A charm system can handle this as well.

Ok, another good idea.

I have to ask if you wouldn’t prefer the change I proposed built in to the base skill?

Your idea is very interesting as it applies to all classes if I understood you correctly.

Hi all,

Sorry for necroing this thread, instead of making a new one I thought to reactivate this one instead.

Above I proposed a change to MS, later while playing UE with strafe I was thinking if such a change might become clunky to handle.

Furthermore I tried some crazy things out and one of those was to incorporate Hungering Arrow to a new build.

Using Yang’s, the MS satchel there is room for NCS in the cube.

That was when my idea came, what if the set allowed for autocasting MS when using HA and vice versa auto casting HA when casting MS.

This would give us a situation were we are pumping out damage during the alternation between casting generators and MS.

So what do you think could this be a good start?