Projected D2R Player Count

That’s sad news. He was the only friend of mine to consider playing D2r. My friends didn’t play the game much, so my persuasion didn’t work. He enjoys games like Zelda and Monster Hunter, and rarely plays other types of games except with his girlfriend.

1 Like

After getting disappointed with D2R beta (no quality of life, no TCP/IP, no modding, nothing really new, except the graphics wrapper) and getting my refund I discovered that the best D2 remaster already existed. Reign of Terror Mod of GD. If you haven’t tried it - check it out on Rykker’s YT channel. Basically, same as D2R in terms of graphics PLUS all the best quality of life features of GD (stackable runes, gems, potions), PLUS all the great customization options of GD (100+ classes from authentic D2 ones with all their original skills and abilities to crazy synergies like paladin + sor, or barbarian + oathkeeper), all D2 original content PLUS D1 original content and gear, all Rune words and many MANY new items and skills. On top there are secret bosses that make Hell Ubers look like a joke. But there’s more, you meed D3 Butcher and King leoric there in their new gen graphics beauty with all their abilities and more. Oh, the cow level and … wait for it… even stray treasure goblins! Yeah and if you are bored after all that, can do shattered realms which is essentially your D3 Greater Rifts :slight_smile:
I don’t believe Blizz or anyone else can achieve this level of depth any time soon in any game. Oh, and if you own a GD copy - the mod is of course free!
So, speaking of clans and parties, that’s were I’m going with my buddies now.